Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Steve Hackett

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I kept the tickets from that concert including Car Park ticket as it was ducking nightmare to get out, as you say it took bloody hours.

I got there early and was about 10 rows from the front in the center, still my favourite concert of all time.

View attachment 140942

I remember that pink parking ticket :laugh:

Wish I still had all my old gig tickets! Knebworth definitely up there for me … Lisa Stansfield was great that day too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am going on Thursday to see Steve on at the Dome and seeing Genesis on the Tuesday 12th at the O2 and can't wait. I saw Steve Hackett last time and he was fanatatic.

Before someone comments why am I excited to see Genesis when Phil Collins can barly sing and is sitting in a chair, it is because I knew this would be the case before I bought the ticket. His ill health has not been kept a seceret. But this version of Genesis with Phil, Tony and Mike have always been the Genesis version I have seen live, and many times. Peter left when I was two and and Steve when I was five. 1986 (Invisible Touch) was my introduction to the band and they have been the sound track to my life and go to band since, I just want to go to say thanks and good bye. From I have seen on Youtube it looks like it will be spectacular show as ever despite Phil's limitations.

I don't care about the PG v PC arguments.Peter left in 1975 because he wanted to, some people still find that to difficult to comprehend. I like all the albums from Invisible Touch to Nursery Cryme though Trick of the Tail is probably my current favoruite.

My only Genesis gig was Wembley 87 and it was a real disappointment as Invisible Touch dominated proceedings and very little was played from even the early PC Genesis albums let alone PG era Genesis. Shame as Trick of the Tail, Then There were Three, Wind & Wuthering are all bangers. The best things about it were the light show that I thought was better than Floyd's and Phil Collin's rapport with the audience. Phil had that stadium in the palm of his hand and worked the crowd really well, it was masterful.

These last Genesis gigs will be very poignant and emotional, and the set list does look very good and much more career spanning. Enjoy what should be a great occasion.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I remember that pink parking ticket :laugh:

Wish I still had all my old gig tickets! Knebworth definitely up there for me … Lisa Stansfield was great that day too.

She was and it was a fantasic sunny day. I remember everyone singing along when they played "Altogether Now" by "The farm" over the sound system before the concert started.

Just a fantastic day that could not be spoilt for me by the car park debacle :lol:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My only Genesis gig was Wembley 87 and it was a real disappointment as Invisible Touch dominated proceedings and very little was played from even the early PC Genesis albums let alone PG era Genesis. Shame as Trick of the Tail, Then There were Three, Wind & Wuthering are all bangers. The best things about it were the light show that I thought was better than Floyd's and Phil Collin's rapport with the audience. Phil had that stadium in the palm of his hand and worked the crowd really well, it was masterful.

These last Genesis gigs will be very poignant and emotional, and the set list does look very good and much more career spanning. Enjoy what should be a great occasion.

Thank you, I have a feeling I might get something stuck in my eye on a few occations.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did you see Genesis on the Abacab tour (not their best album!!) at Wembley in 1986?
I was there and so was Mrs Couldn't Be Hyypia, though a long time before we met.

My vivid memory was Paul Young as the support act being booed more or less the whole way through his set. His voice had gone. People joined in when he sung "everytime I go away" on the go away bit,

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Did you see Genesis on the Abacab tour (not their best album!!) at Wembley in 1986?
I was there and so was Mrs Couldn't Be Hyypia, though a long time before we met.

My vivid memory was Paul Young as the support act being booed more or less the whole way through his set. His voice had gone. People joined in when he sung "everytime I go away" on the go away bit,

I think that would have been the "Invisable Touch Tour" in 1987, and no unfortunately, if I had a time machine that is the concert I would go to. I was 15 then and had no money.
I did get a copy of the concert on VHS as a present and that cemented me as a Genesis fan. I think they filmed it on early HD cameras and the footage from it still looks incredable even today.

Defintly worth getting the DVD if it is still available.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Couldn’t get a ticket for the dome.

They have some returns. I just bought two together in the 7th row for Thursday night!! Delighted.

The missus was disappointed we'd missed out, so she bought Illegal Eagles tickets and an overnighter instead.

I am going to collect a years worth of brownie points when we walk past the Theatre Royal and in to the Dome on Thursday.

And on Monday? Genesis at the 02. :D

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
They have some returns. I just bought two together in the 7th row for Thursday night!! Delighted.

The missus was disappointed we'd missed out, so she bought Illegal Eagles tickets and an overnighter instead.

I am going to collect a years worth of brownie points when we walk past the Theatre Royal and in to the Dome on Thursday.

Have seen the Illegal Eagles twice now ( and have ticket for a much delayed concert April 22) they are as good as the Original Eagles and way cheaper.

There are some great tribute bands about, For example Oye Santana......saw Genesis Connected on Friday night only £28 and pretty damn good.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I saw him and his band a couple of years ago at the Dome. He did most of 'Spectral Mornings', and then he did the whole of 'Selling England By The Pound'. It was utterly brilliant, probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Took me right back to my youth. Probably even better than when I saw Genesis at the Top Rank on the Foxtrot tour with Lindisfarne and Rab Noakes!

Edit: I'm not a massive Genesis fan btw, and I don't really like any of the post-Gabriel stuff.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I didn’t know that

I will call them

BTW I saw illegal eagles at burgess hill…they played most of the long road out of Eden album and all the hits…bloody amazing 3 hours worth!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I saw him and his band a couple of years ago at the Dome. He did most of 'Spectral Mornings', and then he did the whole of 'Selling England By The Pound'. It was utterly brilliant, probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Took me right back to my youth. Probably even better than when I saw Genesis at the Top Rank on the Foxtrot tour with Lindisfarne and Rab Noakes!

Edit: I'm not a massive Genesis fan btw, and I don't really like any of the post-Gabriel stuff.

I was at that concert too.

Shook hands with Roger Dean! I still have the YES album covers posters in the loft. LOL

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Really looking forward to tomorrow night - my first gig since the Peter Green tribute, some 18 months ago. A friend went to see the Hackett show a week or so ago and was full of praise for it.
The only downside was that his other half described Nad Sylvan as "Micky Flannagan in a blond wig". :)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Tonight's the night ... almost 2 years after booking tickets!

Pre-gig drinks are booked for arrival ...

Walking across the sitting-room, I turn the television off ...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He normally plays Trading Boundaries near Fletching which is a much more intimate gig than the Brighton centre with maybe less than 100 people sat on tables (with food and drink). Unsurprisingly, the two dates In December are sold out.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
He normally plays Trading Boundaries near Fletching which is a much more intimate gig than the Brighton centre with maybe less than 100 people sat on tables (with food and drink). Unsurprisingly, the two dates In December are sold out.

Steve Hackett is playing The Dome tonight ... not the soulless Brighton Centre.

And you won't get 'Seconds Out' played at an intimate venue.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Tonight's the night ... almost 2 years after booking tickets!

Pre-gig drinks are booked for arrival ...

Walking across the sitting-room, I turn the television off ...

I am so excited, may have go down to Willow Farm to look for butterflies, flutterbyes and gutterfiles

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's one o'clock and time for lunch
Dum de dum de dum dum

Me, I’m just a lawnmower.
You can tell me by the way I walk.

Wish I was going. Saw Genesis twice in the early 70s in Oxford. I can still sing along with Supper’s Ready word for word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here