Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Evans - what a kn0b

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
To be fair this bit wasn't part of the quote on the Sky feed when I started the thread...

“That doesn't mean we're top of the league but we're the big club that players look at.”

Although that doesn't change my opinion of him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Compared to...?

Eastleigh, Forest Green Rovers? Yes. Rochdale, Bury? Yes. Leyton Orient? Almost certainly. Sheffield United, Coventry, even Swindon Town (at that level)...no.
It's not about comparing is it?
A big club is a big club and all is required is a big fan base and big crowds.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People saying he's doing his job - he's an arrogant horrible **** who keeps coming out with these arrogant horrible quotes about how 'big' Leeds are. He also said the exact opposite - about how Leeds aren't big anymore, when he was a manager somewhere else. First class bellend!

I noticed even in his interview the other day he had to jibe at Sheffield Wednesday :lol: saying 'we should've been 3-0 up last wk v Sheff Weds'. Give me Hughton's class any day of the week.

Btw Leeds are obviously a big ish club, but we don't need reminding every 2 seconds. He sounds like one of their fans in a Twitter row :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Every time I see or hear Evansor Cellino, I become even more thankful for Chris Hughton and Tony Bloom.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
People saying he's doing his job - he's an arrogant horrible **** who keeps coming out with these arrogant horrible quotes about how 'big' Leeds are. He also said the exact opposite - about how Leeds aren't big anymore, when he was a manager somewhere else. First class bellend!

I noticed even in his interview the other day he had to jibe at Sheffield Wednesday :lol: saying 'we should've been 3-0 up last wk v Sheff Weds'. Give me Hughton's class any day of the week.

Btw Leeds are obviously a big ish club, but we don't need reminding every 2 seconds. He sounds like one of their fans in a Twitter row :lol:

So the best way of dealing with him is to beat them every time!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leeds currently losing to Brentford tonight [emoji38]ol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As it stands at present I would say there are 13 clubs in th Championship bigger and better

1 Hull 28 27 56
No movement 2 Middlesbrough 27 23 55
No movement 3 Burnley 28 21 51
No movement 4 Brighton 28 6 50
No movement 5 Derby 28 14 49
No movement 6 Sheff Wed 28 11 46
No movement 7 Birmingham 28 9 46
No movement 8 Ipswich 28 2 45
No movement 9 Cardiff 28 4 41
No movement 10 Brentford 29 1 40
No movement 11 Nottm Forest 29 5 39
No movement 12 Wolves 28 -1 38
Moving up 13 QPR 29 0 36
Moving up 14 Leeds

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
“But if he were to consider a Championship club then Leeds must be at the front of that thought process - we're the biggest, most outstanding club in the league.

“That doesn't mean we're top of the league but we're the big club that players look at.”

Utterly, utterly ludicrous. Deluded in the extreme. Steve Evans' team talk each game must be very short - "Lads, we are LEEDS, we're better than the opposition" or some variation thereof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here