Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
No 2 Please!

and that's not a request to visit the away team's dressing room and leave a 'message' on the floor...

Coppell could help Sami out immensely - especially in creating a team shape and playing to each player's strengths..

tommo127

Oct 22, 2011
Exactly my thoughts! There's a guy who's been going for years who is the SPIT of coppell - I'd put money on it being him. Esp as I can't imagine coppell 'cheering' any team on!

To be fair, there wasn't a huge amount to 'cheer on' so perhaps 'applauding the odd moment of Albion positivness' might be a more accurate description.

He was certainly a spitting image if it wasn't him. Never seen this guy sat in W1I before.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
SH has mentioned the need for an assistant - Coppell would be ideal, even on a part time / part consultancy basis (would suit the club in terms of wages and Coppell if he prefers to stay semi-retired). Dream team!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'd love Coppell to be in charge of player recruitment. Certainly would be more inclined to trust his judgement.

Genuine comment, I don't know the answers, how did Coppell do in his most recent positions? He was DoF at Crawley and Portsmouth, was he considered a success in those jobs?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair, there wasn't a huge amount to 'cheer on' so perhaps 'applauding the odd moment of Albion positivness' might be a more accurate description.

He was certainly a spitting image if it wasn't him. Never seen this guy sat in W1I before.

Hope you're right mate! But I've nearly approached this guy to say hello - when coppell was manager - he's a dead spit! Altho there aren't season tickets in w1i to my knowledge so who knows maybe it was Steve!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Hope you're right mate! But I've nearly approached this guy to say hello - when coppell was manager - he's a dead spit! Altho there aren't season tickets in w1i to my knowledge so who knows maybe it was Steve!

Perhaps even if he just looks like Steve Coppell that might be enough.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The Steve Coppell look a like has been following the albion for years....he used to sit behind me in H block back at Withdean and I have seen him in the west lower at Amex

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I've heard about this and the rumour (from an uber reliable source) is that it was Coppell. He was in the WSL just where it joins the NW corner. He was watching with his wife and niece.
There has apparently been no firm offer but 'friendly conversations' have taken place.
The reason he was in the stands is that believe it or not he reads this forum from time to time and with various conflicting opinions of the 'AMEX experience' it was something he wanted to experience.
Also as the club has changed almost beyond recognition since his time here he wanted to gauge views and reactions.
It's a possibility........

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This was tweeted just a few minutes ago by @jr19800:

@NorthStandChat Steve Coppell thread very amusing! I'm afraid that's my old man, season ticket holder and follows home and away #bhafc

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
This was tweeted just a few minutes ago by @jr19800:

@NorthStandChat Steve Coppell thread very amusing! I'm afraid that's my old man, season ticket holder and follows home and away #bhafc

Damn you John Boy, ruined my fun. His names Andy (my father in law in waiting) and lives in E Grinstead. And he'll find this quite amusing. He gets it everywhere. He we all are at Ipswich a few years ago ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407773119.857884.jpg

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
West lower on corner of north, if it's this guy then it's not Steve Coppell but is very much his twin brother, he attends every game with family

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Its the imposter.....seen him at away games, and boy does he look like him. (i am not sure if the imposter has V.D!)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Its the imposter.....seen him at away games, and boy does he look like him. (i am not sure if the imposter has V.D!)

'The Imposter' is:

A: a bloody nice bloke

and

B: almost 300% does not have vd

and

C: depending on age Andy might have a claim over Coppell as being the imposter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here