Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just when you actually want an input from them up the road, you get...nothing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Allardyce has blown WBA. How ****ing embarrassing to offer him a contract and then he turn you down!

Anyway, surely he fits the Palace profile completely? Hopefully they’ll go after him and he’ll publicly blow them out too!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nasty injury. A shame for the player as a human being but yet another spot in the squad that Palace will have to replace or at least cover for in a summer of transition, when the Euros will delay market moves.

There were rumours on here of us being interested in Berge at the time. It's just possible that he picked them because of their higher place in the table at the time. Has missed a lot of this season.

Brewster was demanded by NSC and has had a worse season than Connolly.

I still want Brewster

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I still want Brewster

A very poor signing by Sheff Utd in that they needed a striker ‘straight out the box’ to score a hatful of goals.

However, he’ll probably be a very good medium to long term signing for them. He could easily go 20+ next season. I’ve been impressed with his all round game when I’ve seen him for Sheff Utd but he is not quite ready to face elite defences yet.

The issue we have is that we already have two young strikers with great potential too. Both might be 2 or 3 seasons away from having the game to score double figures in the Premier League (which is certainly true of Brewster).

If we are signing another striker in the summer, I hope we get someone who is mid/late 20s with the experience that some of our forward line lack.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Sounds like the perfect replacement for Roy to be honest. If Palace try to play football like us they will be next seasons Fulham they probably need this type of manager but the fans won't much like it.
All that lot are interested in is results. They don't care a lot about the football, it is all about them and their tub thumping

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I still want Brewster

Genuine question: why?

What does he offer that we don't have already. What about his Sheffield United career makes you think "he's the very man for the lower end of the Premier League battle"?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Genuine question: why?

What does he offer that we don't have already. What about his Sheffield United career makes you think "he's the very man for the lower end of the Premier League battle"?

He is a talented player. Yes he had a shite season in Sheffield but so did pretty much all of their players, it doesnt mean they are all shit. What he showed in Swansea is quite enough for me to want him (for a sensible fee).

Think it is similar to when Tammy Abraham got relegated with the Swans in 2017/18 - not a good season but a good experience and could turn out well in the long run.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Just what I was thinking.

It’s a shame that Frank won’t be adopting their club though, there would have been so much potential for a car crash. Sadly, Cooper looks like a safe and capable pair of hands; someone who will play dull, negative defensive percentage football but will ultimately keep them in the EPL long term.

I'm not convinced he's as safe and capable as you suggest. Swansea have been awful at times this season defensively. Bristol and Huddersfield spring to mind. Think there's a big chance he could be out of his depth but also feel there's a good chance of being the perfect fit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not convinced he's as safe and capable as you suggest. Swansea have been awful at times this season defensively. Bristol and Huddersfield spring to mind. Think there's a big chance he could be out of his depth but also feel there's a good chance of being the perfect fit.

Hopefully you are right and he will be out of his depth. We do know that changing your manager brings in a huge element of jeopardy, we saw it with Hyypia and Palace saw it with de Boer. The fact that they also need to bring in about a dozen new players makes it a very very dangerous time for them. If they have a slow start with Cooper, we could easily see another Allardyce rescue job set-up, the amusement of that consequently not working would be pretty pretty good.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Hopefully you are right and he will be out of his depth. We do know that changing your manager brings in a huge element of jeopardy, we saw it with Hyypia and Palace saw it with de Boer. The fact that they also need to bring in about a dozen new players makes it a very very dangerous time for them. If they have a slow start with Cooper, we could easily see another Allardyce rescue job set-up, the amusement of that consequently not working would be pretty pretty good.

They're running out of those rescue managers though.. Doubt Sam would go back

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Genuine question, would you rather play pretty football like Potterball, which may be easy on the eye but produce below average ned results, or basic football which produces above average results?
Rotball has been a hard watch, but has led to us being fairly safe all season, and produced some memorable results. We need to be careful who the next manager is, as we have a style that works with the core of the team, most of whom will be here next season, and bringing in a name manager could disrupt that. Sean Dyche for me if we can prise him away from Burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here