Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Claridge on the Football League Show

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Next he'll be talking about 'coloured' players.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
cringeworthy wrong comment, would have worked if he had said Harley lol

hes trying to compensate for when he said something like brighton's style of play wont help them survive in the the championship last year..

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Give the bloke a break.

He was extremely complementary about us, he gushed that we were the real deal, so much so that other teams were having to change their normal style of play, in order to contain us.

Why the constant persecution complex stuff on here ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Give the bloke a break.

He was extremely complementary about us, he gushed that we were the real deal, so much so that other teams were having to change their normal style of play, in order to contain us.

Because the guy is a twat and constantly makes stupid comments about us and other teams. Examples are that he said we would struggle with our style this year, that he said Bridcutt is a similar player to Bennett and that he invented the situation that the ball is 'active' when the ref blows his whistle rather the correct situation that 'the ball is in play when it has been kicked'. And he got that dizzy blonde to apologise for him the following week!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Give the bloke a break.

Yep - he's an idiot but he has been nothing but complimentary about Brighton. Virtually saying we're up today after just 5 games - give the man a break.

Because the guy is a twat and constantly makes stupid comments about us and other teams. Examples are that he said we would struggle with our style this year, that he said Bridcutt is a similar player to Bennett and that he invented the situation that the ball is 'active' when the ref blows his whistle rather the correct situation that 'the ball is in play when it has been kicked'. And he got that dizzy blonde to apologise for him the following week!

i thought we would come 10th last season,its all about opnions!:moo:

Lush

Mods' Pet
How many of us would get it exactly right every week about the playing style of every player in every squad in three different leagues. I know they get briefed, but he can't have much time to prepare between the footage being ready and the programme going live.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i thought we would come 10th last season,its all about opnions!:moo:

Yes it is about opinions and everyone's entitled to them but he is paid as a pundit and dismissed our chances because of the way we play but that, fair enough, is still an opinion. However, who in their right mind that knows anything about football would compare a holding midfielder to an attacking one. Would you compare Makelele with Nasri, Carrick with Gerrard etc etc. And the comments last year about the ball being active well no one I know had ever heard of that phrase and I'm sure it's not mentioned in the Laws of the Game but he was adamant.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
So he's getting on a bit and is a little confused, the main thing is he now realises that we are a force to be reckoned with in this league and are not here just to make the numbers up.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He did say that we'd struggle but now he's raving about our style of play and our success. Lighten up - we are top of the league say we're top the league!!!

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
He is an idiot, but the worst part is that he doesn't know he is an idiot. Granted he has to talk about a lot each show, but seriously a holding defensive midfielder is nothing like an attacking midfielder, hence the distinction. He may not make a lot of mistakes, but the ones he does are pretty big ones and he doesn't apologize for them when he is wrong. But as long as he continues to see Brighton as the great team it is, then I suppose we can let this one go.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Granted he has to talk about a lot each show, but seriously a holding defensive midfielder is nothing like an attacking midfielder, hence the distinction.

Do you seriously believe that he doesn't know the difference ? He will have forgotten more about the game of football than most of us know. He meant to say Harley and he said Bridcutt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here