Steve Bruce to Villa?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For all their problems, Villa are a big club. Hull is a rugby league city.

However
I doubt whether Bruce with his Birmingham City connections would go to Villa.

That's true. Until very recently, Hull was the biggest city in England, never to have a First Division football club.

Full of useless information me.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Hull will be punching above their weight in th EPL. Whereas Villa are an underachieving EPL team. With SB at the helm you wouldn't expect them to struggle in the Championship. Villa are a massive Club with vast history. If I were Steve Bruce I would be interested in joining Villa.

Bit short sighted of some to suggest he would be interested IMHO.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Villa require an absolute entire rebuilding with no guarantee of the appropriate funding. Hull however are already an established top 6 championship side with a reasonable chance of being in the PL next year. Not a chance Bruce leaves them at this stage. In the summer maybe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What, it's short sighted of me to look at the bigger picture, rather than the fact they might swap leagues for one season? Really?
No babe, you made a typo :wink:

You said it was short sighted to suggest he would be interested.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Colleymore mentioned on his talk show last night that more than 1 journalist source close to Bruce and Villa had mentioned that Steve Bruce would not be adverse to being approached by Villa.
He still lives in the Midlands and commutes to Hull.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Hull will be punching above their weight in th EPL. Whereas Villa are an underachieving EPL team. With SB at the helm you wouldn't expect them to struggle in the Championship. Villa are a massive Club with vast history. If I were Steve Bruce I would be interested in joining Villa.

Bit short sighted of some to suggest he would be interested IMHO.
Not short sighted, just realistic in the modern game. Villa have been in decline for years, are unlikely to have mega bucks to rebuild despite needing a total overhaul from top to bottom. Just because they are traditionally a huge club means **** all these days. Look at Leeds, Newcastle, Sheff Weds etc all punching well below their traditional weight. Villa need a long term rebuilding manager that can transform the club like Gus did for us. Does Bruce really need/want that at his stage of his career? Football is a results game these days and there are no guarantees that Villa, if they are relegated will be anywhere near challenging next season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Remi Garde will get sacked this week, Kevin McDonald will take over for the rest of the season, Villa will go down and I fancy after Sherwood and Garde Villa will turn to experience.

If Hull miss out on promotion and if Villa are wiling to pay the big bucks then this move could happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports