Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce not hapy with a Monday Replay descision

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The Blackburn game isn't televised. The replay is.

No televised matches to be held on Champions League nights.

Uefa's rules prevent top-flight sides playing domestic fixtures on the same night as its premier club tournament.
Nothing to do with TV

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Uefa's rules prevent top-flight sides playing domestic fixtures on the same night as its premier club tournament.
Nothing to do with TV

Not just top flight teams - Sheff Weds v Charlton is the same night for the same reason

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really? That does surprise me.

Even last night's programme had a few lines stating that any replay would be on Tuesday 25th.

No reason for Oscar to have known- he's there to coach and pick the team. We employ other people to worry about logistical stuff.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Can't blame him for one second. Oscar will be exactly the same.

If I was you, Steve, I'd play a really RUBBISH third choice XI on Monday :thumbsup:

He should of done the sensible thing last night and instructed his team not to score then he wouldn't be in this predicament.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He should of done the sensible thing last night and instructed his team not to score then he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Exactly. Selfish, ex-Palace buffoon.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm guessing you're a Poyet fan who doesn't want to run the risk of him being embarrassed by losing at The Amex in front of his detractors in the next round?

A defeat which would see us play at Wembley, not interested?

Oh dear. Have a few last night did you? :lolol:

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
But we were due to Blackburn on Tuesday 25th, a champions league day, so why can't the replay be on the Tuesday? Am I missing something here?

We might as well retain that fixture seeing as we're up north on the Monday. Straight over to Lancashire for tuesday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The FA want the cup to be treated seriously by clubs and fans but then we get situations like this. Although it probably won't happen because it's against the rules it would benefit both managers greatly if they made a gentleman's agreement to each play their 2nd XI.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here