Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] STERNS nightclub.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What about a Fri night at the Escape or was it Thurs.....some good hardcore tunes in there especially with NAM and the MC having it off!!

Yeah that is true, had some good nights down there when they played hardcore. I used to love it up on the speakers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Loved Big Beat Boutique at the Concorde. Friday at the Escape I only remember for Thank Funk it's Friday. A lot of good trance nights at the Honey Club midweek a few years later as well, always preferred that to the Zap which seemed over-hyped to me. Used to love the Jazz Rooms and an indie fix at Sister Ray's at the Underground too, though that was maybe a few years earlier. Good times.

I always felt the zap was for posers rather than dancers, see also the Frock and Jacket.

Probably highly unfair but that was our perception at the time.

Blackrock or Shoreham for the after party. Positive Sounds!

Give me a weekend back there and then.

Finishing off at the Escape on Sunday evening.

Brilliant.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
It was a wicked venue, I loved those dark n dingy rave clubs. I also spent many a night at the Rhythm Station in Aldershot, some at Labyrinth (Four Aces) in Dalston and was totally gutted to see Hastings Pier go up in flames, I loved raving on the pier. I used to go to raves all over the country, Skegness, Milton Keynes, Stoke.......how on I earth I afforded it at the time i'm not sure!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It was a wicked venue, I loved those dark n dingy rave clubs. I also spent many a night at the Rhythm Station in Aldershot, some at Labyrinth (Four Aces) in Dalston and was totally gutted to see Hastings Pier go up in flames, I loved raving on the pier. I used to go to raves all over the country, Skegness, Milton Keynes, Stoke.......how on I earth I afforded it at the time i'm not sure!
Buy 10 and sell 9.... You know how you afforded it [emoji3]

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
What about a Fri night at the Escape or was it Thurs.....some good hardcore tunes in there especially with NAM and the MC having it off!!

The MC was probably Mc Matrix, top bloke. Just had a flashback to some mental party me, him and Dj Pitse went to in Portland Gate in '94. Wicked fun times!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I always felt the zap was for posers rather than dancers, Probably highly unfair but that was our perception at the time.

It depends what time period your talking about really.

We used to go to the Event in 1991/2 for raves (Mantra / Passion) but then progressed to the Zap in the summer of 92 because the music on a Friday night was harder (plus no hardcore played) and nights were longer.

I'm looking at a framed flyer up on my wall that's dated 27th August 1993 10pm - 8am!!! 8am?!!! And people, like me and my friends, went there not to pose, or flirt, just take drugs and dance the night away......bloody amazing scenes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It depends what time period your talking about really.

We used to go to the Event in 1991/2 for raves (Mantra / Passion) but then progressed to the Zap in the summer of 92 because the music on a Friday night was harder (plus no hardcore played) and nights were longer.

I'm looking at a framed flyer up on my wall that's dated 27th August 1993 10pm - 8am!!! 8am?!!! And people, like me and my friends, went there not to pose, or flirt, just take drugs and dance the night away......bloody amazing scenes.

You make a fair point, I went to a few all nighters there myself and had a ball.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sterns was great from memory, but I was mostly hammered.

Went to the Pink Coconut once, felt I was being undressed by lots of eyes, very uncomfortable.

Ground zero in Bognor was more my scene.

punk::rave::rave:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Went to the Pink Coconut once, felt I was being undressed by lots of eyes, very uncomfortable.

Anywhere in Bognor was ground zero.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

When we used to go to Sterns it was a common or garden nightclub wasn't it Mouldy? We used to go there if we fancied a change from Thursday's. With you on Ground Zero.....nice little club.

D

Deleted member 2719

When we used to go to Sterns it was a common or garden nightclub wasn't it Mouldy? We used to go there if we fancied a change from Thursday's. With you on Ground Zero.....nice little club.

I remember doing a bit of break dancing so guess it was early 80's, wasn't sure I went with you back then though???

We were just trendsetting again.:banana:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Thursday's was Cinderellas? Remember that place.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
We were 'persona non grata' in a lot of venues in Brighton :lol: although we played at the Inn Place under the Alhambra for a long time. Mostly, we had to hire halls and do it on our own, that or house parties.

D

Deleted member 2719

Thursday's was Cinderellas? Remember that place.
Fecking Thursday's wouldn't let me in once because I had deck shoes on, bl++dy bouncers think they are so tough, especially when they are in a group.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The MC was probably Mc Matrix, top bloke. Just had a flashback to some mental party me, him and Dj Pitse went to in Portland Gate in '94. Wicked fun times!

There's a Pitse Facebook group (closed), Matrix is an admin. Stories of Pitse are very much appreciated on there, not too detailed because Pitse's family are also group members!! There are photos, memories and links to sets Pitse did and if you have any to add then they would be more than welcome. ;0)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here