No he wasn’t
He looked forward every time but had nobody to pass to
He was let down badly by knockeart and jahanbksh

No, no he wasn’t.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He usually did pass quickly backwards and sideways and still lost the ball on numerous occasions

And in addition to this he was an accident waiting to happen.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Two fairly crap teams fight out dull relegation tussle....where was the surprise?!!

No he wasn’t
He looked forward every time but had nobody to pass to
He was let down badly by knockeart and jahanbksh

His mind is even slower than his body. He's our major weak link (alongside a lately declining Murray) and Chris's understandable loyalty to someone who has done a lot for the team could prove very costly

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I don't think we deserved to lose.

But we also didn't deserve to win.

Sorry, but that is utter bollocks. We deserved what we got yesterday: nothing. We lacked zip, passion, desire, heart, pace, strategy, commitment and (most pertinently) skill against a similarly dire Southampton. We were outclassed by a team who started the day in a similar position to us, out fought, out thought and out gunned. Pathetic.

Cardiff today, who were robbed, showed all of the above; zip, heart, pace etc. in spades.

None of which we will bother to exhibit come Wed.

We are deep in trouble and deservedly so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Sorry, but that is utter bollocks. We deserved what we got yesterday: nothing. We lacked zip, passion, desire, heart, pace, strategy, commitment and (most pertinently) skill against a similarly dire Southampton. We were outclassed by a team who started the day in a similar position to us, out fought, out thought and out gunned. Pathetic.

Cardiff today, who were robbed, showed all of the above; zip, heart, pace etc. in spades.

Have to agree with you there - absolute rubbish performance - poor tactics, poor team selection, poor from the players. worst home performance of the season. What game were you watching , Bozza?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to agree with you there - absolute rubbish performance - poor tactics, poor team selection, poor from the players. worst home performance of the season. What game were you watching , Bozza?

The increasing anger of fans towards players incompetence as the game played out said it all. A horror show, bar a 15 minute spell late in the second half. Some brilliant blocks by Albion defenders in the first half prevented a big lead to Stains, as they worked clear cut openings with ease.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
And in addition to this he was an accident waiting to happen.

There speaks the true critic - Stephens didn't actually play any worse than the rest on a day of under performance, so criticise him instead for what your fevered imagination has conjured up for what might have been. :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We were utterly dreadful for 60 or so minutes, don’t get me wrong, and we only started showing any kind of desire and intensity once we had fallen behind.

Taking the game as a whole though, and the way we dominated the last quarter of the game, we could/should have picked up a point.

We certainly didn’t deserve to win though, as I said.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We were utterly dreadful for 60 or so minutes, don’t get me wrong, and we only started showing any kind of desire and intensity once we had fallen behind.

Taking the game as a whole though, and the way we dominated the last quarter of the game, we could/should have picked up a point.

We certainly didn’t deserve to win though, as I said.

Indeed; but dominating the last quarter against a (by this point) very deep, sitting in Southampton is hardly inspiring... and we still didn’t do enough. The old adage; too little too late would seem to apply.

As a support base we are in dire need of seeing some genuine gut busting, are you confident we can deliver that Bozza? When DS has the audacity to claim “we were unlucky...”

Where there is no fight, there is little hope.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I didn't think it was bollocks personally... :shrug:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You must have been watching a different game to me then Dale.

It's worrying to hear a comment like that. Does he really believe that? I'm all for positive comments but maybe some players are getting a bit complacent? I hope not because if they are then we are in real trouble

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/stephens-we-were-unlucky-to-lose/

I agree that we were unlucky to lose

The reason is agree is that I felt that Southampton didn't do much during the game so didn't impress, they didn't look particularly dangerous and created very little and the stats back that up (we had more shots 14 v their 8, and we only had 1 on target but they only managed 2 on target)

So i think that a draw would have been the right result for how both teams performed (both were fairly poor tbh)

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
I agree that we were unlucky to lose

The reason is agree is that I felt that Southampton didn't do much during the game so didn't impress, they didn't look particularly dangerous and created very little and the stats back that up (we had more shots 14 v their 8, and we only had 1 on target but they only managed 2 on target)

So i think that a draw would have been the right result for how both teams performed (both were fairly poor tbh)

I thought stains looked much more up for it and they could actually put some decent plays together and created dangerous chances. On the other hand we offered nothing and tbf we did make it easier for them.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I didn't think it was bollocks personally... :shrug:

So you believe we deserved a point? For only turning up after going a goal down, and this after an abject hour... failing to break down a flimsy makeshift Saints back line playing a new shape to cover a key injury.

Fair enough.

Come on; we were nothing short of mid table 'championship standard' at best. If that's deemed good enough at this level, well, I suspect we'll not be in the PL for too much longer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So you believe we deserved a point? For only turning up after going a goal down, and this after an abject hour... failing to break down a flimsy makeshift Saints back line playing a new shape to cover a key injury.

Fair enough.

Come on; we were nothing short of mid table 'championship standard' at best. If that's deemed good enough at this level, well, I suspect we'll not be in the PL for too much longer.

Yep I think a point wouldn't have been unwarranted ....they looked sharper than us...more inventive and bullied us...but created very little ...so ye on balance of chances a draw wouldn't have been out of order

Oh and the ''new shape'' isn't entirely new ...this was a side that probably deserved something from Old Trafford and beat Spurs in their last match..deserved something out of the Arsenal game....but I guess you can balance that up against a loss at home to Cardiff :facepalm: who no doubt didnt let them dictate the game '''physically''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here