Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens back!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Accurate apart from not explaining properly how FREEZING it was... :)

Glen Rea played as a defensive midfielder and was extremely impressive. Aggressive and assertive style of play. Good on the ball and also a great engine. One remarkable sprinting effort to track back someone else's player and prevent a goal. Followed by issuing a bollocking to his negligent teammate...
Stephens didn't do a lot and must need more time. Best looked a good player - fit, strong, good in the air, skilful touches.

I was lucky to stand next to some Academy lads and ask them a couple of questions. Most interesting reply was about our number 11 (Jason) who is quicker than LuaLua when measured. Also a nice anecdote from one of them - a young Irish lad (c.16 year old) - about how Chris Hughton had said "good morning" to him in the car park and then ended up chatting to him and asking about who he was and where he was from... A small thing but a good sign for me.

Agree with the slightly underwhelmed feeling about the windswept football pitches. I think I was expecting to see 10 x Wembley in May type pitches and some sort of mini-Amex of a complex... More realistically, it is obviously an extremely high quality football training facility.

All in all, an enjoyable afternoon and extremities seem to have recovered from worst of frostbite...

That was to Charlie Harris I think.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Cold. No F**king cold is my synopsis.

Apart from that good afternoon and impressed. Like Chelsea's training ground it's very "clinical" almost like a private hospital within the building.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Played another 45 minutes today, looking forward to having some key players back.

In other news the u21's had 2 players sent off for the THIRD time this season. Crikey :lolol:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Was at the game, just back, bloody cold and wet. The Acadamy site is amazing, its so surreal going in and thinking WOW, what has happened to our club, so impressive in every way. The game, well bad fan went with 10 mins to go and we were 4-1 down, keeper sent off, so down to 10, we were the better side up till the sending off, we should have gone 2-1 up a couple of times. Muit, Harris, Barry looked good, the others, not so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here