Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephen Ward on his way to Donny after training session

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He is 22, and played 46 first team games. I would have thought if he was any good, he should be pushing for a first team spot with the current injury crisis.

He is a defender whose experience has all come at league 1 level (decent enough for a back up who is being looked at as a long term prospect). We have our first choice defenders with championship (and above) experience fit, and specifically a 27 year old with premier league and international football experience ahead of him in his main position, so he can't really push that far.

Dec 29, 2011
I don't understand this signing to be honest. He is the only player we have paid a fee for this season and he has not had a look in on any first team games.
With the way we have been so careful in not wasting our money because of FFP, I would have thought he must have been some player for him to be the only purchased player this season.

You want to chuck a 22-year-old defender in at the deep end? Just because we paid money for him doesn't mean he should be considered for a first team spot. He's a youth player who will develop and push for a first team place, like Dunk/Ince/March/Dickenson. He'll also help our homegrown player numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here