Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would Gus be within his rights to ask Stephen Dobbie, an Albion employee, for his views on how to unsettle the Crystal Palace players e.g, things that Albion players could say to wind them up etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would Gus be within his rights to ask Stephen Dobbie, an Albion employee, for his views on how to unsettle the Crystal Palace players e.g, things that Albion players could say to wind them up etc.

Yes but seeing how he has been treated by Gus do you think he would answer or tell the truth, his allegiance is more towards Hollowhead.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Available for who? He can't play for Palace in the final.

Why not? I was under the impression that the reason that he 'officially' came back from his loan over the two weeks that included the International break was so that he was available for the play offs if they didn't play us. Is this not the case?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Why not? I was under the impression that the reason that he 'officially' came back from his loan over the two weeks that included the International break was so that he was available for the play offs if they didn't play us. Is this not the case?

His loan wasn't covered for the final, and he can't sign for anyone else until July 1st.

Feb 3, 2013
Just watched Palace highlights and Dobbie seemed to be at the heart of everything for them. Looks like a big positive for us given he cant play in the playoffsv:thumbsup:

He got them into the play offs. He changed the game yesterday when he came on. The last two previous games then he got them points. Will be interesting to see who they have to come on and change the game in the play offs :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He got them into the play offs. He changed the game yesterday when he came on. The last two previous games then he got them points. Will be interesting to see who they have to come on and change the game in the play offs :)

Would think it will be either Garvan or Williams so no problems there with either of those . IMO the problems will be as usual Zaha, Bolasie and Murray with a late burst from Philips as I cant believe that they will be as bad and ineffective as they were at The Amex.

Feb 3, 2013
Would think it will be either Garvan or Williams so no problems there with either of those . IMO the problems will be as usual Zaha, Bolasie and Murray with a late burst from Philips as I cant believe that they will be as bad and ineffective as they were at The Amex.

Garvan has just come back from injury so not match fit so am not really worried about him. Williams I'm not concerned about but the other two I am. For the simple reason that diving and penalty comes to mind. If Zaha wasn't playing then I'd not even worry about Murray but as he is then I can see some super spring board diving going on on Friday.

Feb 3, 2013
Hope the FL employ a competent ref Friday and Monday. Do they use Premier refs

As it's a bitter Derby then you'd think you would have a bloody strong premiership ref in charge as if they have a clueless ref then can see penaltys and sendings off and it won't be in our favor that I do know.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Dobbie hasn't played that much recently an they're not concerned about losing him becaise their poor run has coincided with his signing.

Garvan coming back is a big boost for them and I cant believe people are saying they're not concerned about Williams, he's probably their beat player on his day. I'm worried these games are not going to be as easy as a lot of people think. They played well yesterday and should have won more comfortably.

Feb 3, 2013
Dobbie hasn't played that much recently an they're not concerned about losing him becaise their poor run has coincided with his signing.

Really? He changed the game yesterday and put the cross over for the winning goal. He has got them points in their last 2 games prior to the Peterborough game and with out him they'd not have made the play offs. Huge lose for them now.

Garvan coming back is a big boost for them and I cant believe people are saying they're not concerned about Williams, he's probably their beat player on his day. I'm worried these games are not going to be as easy as a lot of people think. They played well yesterday and should have won more comfortably.

Not worried about either player. Only one I'm concerned about is the one who falls over in the box.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hope the FL employ a competent ref Friday and Monday. Do they use Premier refs

Got more to do with what result the met want than which officials are used IMO, but you would hope that in the championship playoff games that the FA would appoint refs from the better end of the scale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here