Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stepdad threatened by the club

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Assuming the OP is telling the truth and his stepdad tried to buy the full price ticket but the club set up the direct debit for the wrong amount, then I think it is a bit harsh to try to claim back for last season. But they clearly have every right to collect the correct amount for this season. So I think the correct answer is somewhere in the middle. If he is telling the truth!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
can't help thinking the club have been heavy handed , some older folk rely on big corporations to handle the technical side of things......if the old boy has knowingly been accepting discounted rates then is he guilty of fraud.....?? do the club need his 400 quid that badly...?? wouldn't a letter to the effect of " it has come to our attention.......blah blah blah...... as an act of good faith we will honour your season ticket but please be aware of your obligation to provide accurate information with regard to financial transactions with the club".......certainly think the wording of said correspondence is a tadd over-bearing.....ie. pay up the difference if you want to see the rest of the season.....!!!???

We do not know the facts, but what is clear is that the club have found a number of people not paying the right price for entry into the ground. So where do you draw the line at fraud? The sound of silence from the OP says more about this thread, he has given no real information, add to that and it was very clear at the turnstiles yesterday, the club appear to be checking who was coming through, I would say that there is a lot more people, who would argue that it was an administration error, when found in possession of the wrong ticket for their age group.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was excited to wade in knee deep to this debate, but the original poster hasn't made a single post since, so either he's on a wind up or it's really not that big of a deal to him or his stepdad to want to further the issue on here. Boring.

Either that, or he was expecting a flood of support, and not the general view that's emerged..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here