Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Step Up Steve Sidwell

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sidwell will give his all, I'm sure of that.

Simple facts though, are that he is not as good as Stephens, not as mobile as Stephens, and unlikely to be fit enough to be effective over 2 x 90 minutes just three days apart.

The FA have ROYALLY ****ed us over.

He is 33, so not to old. Is he fit enough ? Who knows. If he is and can hit form then we must remember that Sidwell has been a better player than Stephens ever will be. It's about game time over the last 2 years really. I dearly hope he can find something of the old Sidwell.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Seriously though....what would our options be if Sidwell or Kayal got injured or saw red?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would obviously put Sidwell in Friday and have Holla (DM) in his place on the bench and then Towell (AM) on the bench at home telling both that if he tires and they get on it is their big chance with the retained and released list being prepared.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Since the Birmingham game Sidwell has been very good. I'll attribute his prior, quite frankly shit, form to lack of match fitness. I'm sure he'll do fine. It's just immensely frustrating the heart of the side has been torn apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More positive thoughts. If this team can bounce back (again) and get promoted and if it's kept more or less together with some improvements in a few positions, it will have more than enough resilience to survive next season!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think with sidwell away from home it could be what we need. Depending on how that goes will drive if we see rosenior for the home leg

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Sidwell will be fine, he looked good on Saturday and surprised me with the number of headers he won. The only concern is cover on the bench, is Crofts anywhere near fit or can either JFC or Ince come into the frame on the bench after loan spells?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I for one am hoping the huge sense of injustice can be the driving force behind us getting promoted.

Honestly believe the players will be even more up for it now.

Agreed as the alternative is that downward spiral of moaning and groaning which quite frankly doesn't get any of us anywhere. We just have to let it all go and move on and show our strength and determination on the pitch.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The bench should prove very interesting with the midfield cover. Who will it be i wonder?We do have plenty of choice !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sidwell will be fine, he looked good on Saturday and surprised me with the number of headers he won. The only concern is cover on the bench, is Crofts anywhere near fit or can either JFC or Ince come into the frame on the bench after loan spells?

Agree Sidwell will be fine and both Holla and Towell are unknown to Wednesday and could prove to be our secret weapon if called upon to step up to the mark

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here