Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stefan Alexander Ljubicic

IcelandicGeezer

Apr 15, 2013
If Jonsson also joins, it would be quite a coup. PSV and Ajax have been trying in vain to sign him since October. Nicknamed the Icelandic Messi the Belgian Federation are trying to convince him to join their ranks, as his mother is Belgian but to no avail yet. As Belgium need more prodigies. But due to his physical stature I doubt he's made for English footy, but he's only 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Zfp7HZAEE

Dec 29, 2011
Ljubicic cored against Scotland u17 in a 1-2 loss tonight. Also being reported in Iceland that his U17 teammate Jonatan Ingi Jonsson of AZ Alkmaar could also be on the verge of joining Brighton also. Strange as Jonsson is probably the highest rated Icelandic youngster right now. The club must have employed an Icelandic scout recently.

Did we previously sign an Icelandic wunderkid?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ljubicic cored against Scotland u17 in a 1-2 loss tonight. Also being reported in Iceland that his U17 teammate Jonatan Ingi Jonsson of AZ Alkmaar could also be on the verge of joining Brighton also. Strange as Jonsson is probably the highest rated Icelandic youngster right now. The club must have employed an Icelandic scout recently.

And Brighton and Hove Albion U-16 player Hamish Morrison came on for Scotland as a 73rd minute substitute - another youngster in the academy with international honours :clap2:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Bouncing this as a reminder that we appear to have definitely landed our "Icelandic wunderkid" Mk II, soon to be starting his scholarship:-

England is the heart of football - 16-year Stefan Ljubicic from Keflavik wrote the first league Brighton

Google translation:-

Stefan Alexander Ljubicic will soon leave æskuslóðirnar Keflavik and hold to Brighton in England. There he agreed with the team Brighton Hove Albion who plays in the second tier of England. Stefan, 16, who has played for junior national Iceland and practiced with Champion Keflavik past two years. He played three matches in Pepsi League last year and has been in the group at the beginning of the period in the first league.

After a great performance with 17 items Iceland where Stefan has won eight games, it began to draw the attention of teams in Britain. Besides Brighton Stefan went on trial with Scottish top clubs Celtic and English club Norwich. "I liked the best in Brighton. They include a new academy and care of a person off the pitch. I felt good there, "says Stefan that keeps track after a month. "This will be just a fairy tale, I hope. It will be difficult but I love football most of the world and plan to reach far, "says the young striker who will be 17 in October. "I find England a heart of football. It will all players come to England, "he adds.

Stefan went on trial at Brighton which was played against a strong Chelsea youth where Arnsúgur goal and played very well. Immediately after the game he was invited to join the club. Brighton is an exciting city, according to Stefan, but she is in southern England in about 20 to 30 minutes from London. Before a decision was taken then consulted Stefan himself with several parties. He discussed include the Roller Viking Samuel Kari Friðjónsson who has played with Reading in England teenager. "He told me that this can be difficult as the person is away from friends and family. This can also be amplified. A person will be bored at some point. You just need to be strong and enjoy. "Team Brighton was close to get up in the Premier League this spring, but it fell out of the competition in knockout deals.

Was a promising basketball

Stefan was good at basketball team at the time and manner for more than two years. He would always choose football, which he says have been the right decision. He is tall like compared to the footballer as 193 cm in height. He lifted word for her family. "This is rather strange. I do not know where that is, there is no one big family. "Stefan is not far to download football skills but he is the son of Zoran Ljubicic who made it good as a player and later coach at Keflavik. Now Stefan striker but he can also play in the hole behind the strikers called for. Previously, he played in a defensive midfield role. "My father brought me more and taught me the position. It went well and I was scoring goals. I gave him many thanks. He and Hawk trainers have taught me a lot and I thank them for the infinite. "Stefan himself is ambitious and has worked hard to become a good player. "I practice something every day. If it does not exercise then I just go out in football or goes down the court and goes to shoot. It is a secret, aukaæfingar. "

Bojan older brother Stefan is a player in champion Keflavik like Stefan. It finds that little of the football at home. "Football is the only thing on TV and we are always talking about football at home," says Stefan finally.

Stefan's instagram page, including a pic of him signing seagull-headed note-paper with the caption "Skrifaði undir 3ja ára samning hjá Brighton & Hove Albion" or "Signed a 3 year contract with Brighton & Hove Albion", so presumably a one-year scholarship followed by a pro deal.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Stefan was good at basketball team at the time and manner for more than two years. He would always choose football, which he says have been the right decision. He is tall like compared to the footballer as 193 cm in height.

The Icelandic Peter Crouch.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Stefan... 6'3"... not small...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here