Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steele's assist

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
I didn't understand what happened. I mean, it was 0-1. Then, I went to the kitchen to prepare tea and came back to my bed room to watch the game. Then, I came to notice it became 1-2:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My favourite part was seeing the defence celebrating with Jason. Wish the club had an image/clip of that moment!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a great pass. However would like to ask him why he picked up the back pass.... Any like me that was thinking it was going to be a direct free kick

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
And that I'd have backed Sanchez to save Toney's shot.
I really don't think any keeper in the world would have saved that. Toney wellied it so bloody hard, a few inches above the ground. Defending the problem there, not the goalkeeping in my opinion.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I have a theory that, like Saturday, Steele is going to turn in a couple of dodgy performances so he gets dropped but then reverts to being the Cup keeper again and gets to play at Wembley, possibly twice.

Jul 7, 2003
What a great pass. However would like to ask him why he picked up the back pass.... Any like me that was thinking it was going to be a direct free kick

I thought it was a good 'save' in real time. I don't think he expected the pass and was also not set to kick it. If that was the case then it was better to stop it going in the goal than risk missing the kick.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I've only been able to see the highlights, but I've watched the goal a few times now and as lovely a pass and finish it was, I can't help but think where were Brentford's centre backs? Jansson and Pinnock are standing on the halfway line for some reason, and without seeing the build up prior to Steele getting it, I can't understand why. Normally that kind of pass wouldn't be on because the centre backs would be there to clear it. Was it following a corner and they were just strolling back? Or was it a tactical thing in reaction to our usual short passing from the goalkeeper? If someone could enlighten me I would be grateful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here