Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which one - he had 4 yesterday!

#NoOtherTeamAllowedToScoreGoodGoals.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Surely requires its own thread doesn't it? A stunning beautifully weighted pass straight into Mitoma's path. Isn't this why he's got the edge over Sanchez at the moment? RDZ must have been purring.
As I have said on Twitter.

Ederson plays that pass, and we get 2 minutes of hyperbole on MotD.
Steele does it ... "Brentford are good from set pieces aren't they"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely requires its own thread doesn't it? A stunning beautifully weighted pass straight into Mitoma's path. Isn't this why he's got the edge over Sanchez at the moment? RDZ must have been purring.
RDZ more likely fuming because he didn't follow instructions about taking risks and playing short passes at the back to draw the opposition in. Pribably be dropped for Tuesday's game for playing the complete antithesis of DeZerbiBall!
:wink:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
RDZ more likely fuming because he didn't follow instructions about taking risks and playing short passes at the back to draw the opposition in. Pribably be dropped for Tuesday's game for playing the complete antithesis of DeZerbiBall!
:wink:
Absolutely not.
The tactics have developed considerably, now everyone knows how we like to play.
we're looking for the ball over the top/through the middle, whenthe opponents have pushed up too high, every bit as much as passing around the press.
It has made us twice as effective going forward.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Too bloody true

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Very much this, whilst we were third game to be shown on MOtD, all of the talk and all of the air time was on the first two, the games at the Etihad and the Emirates.

That assist of Jason Steele's was absolutely brilliant yesterday, yet no mention was made of it whatsoever.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Best pass yesterday for me was the drilled with the outside of the right foot throughball from Mac (I think) to Solly when he shot low to the keepers left.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
The Guardian's match report called it a clearance :ffsparr:
If there's one flaw I noticed in English football commentary (both from professionals and fans) it's how clueless it often is regarding keepers. We have our own share of idiotic commentaries over here, but I really noted how PL commentators are more likely to blame keepers without reason and often don't give them their due, even more than in other leagues. It's like they expect them to be superhuman androids on a daily basis. It usually made me annoyed on behalf of them even if I had no stake in any of the teams playing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If there's one flaw I noticed in English football commentary (both from professionals and fans) it's how clueless it often is regarding keepers. We have our own share of idiotic commentaries over here, but I really noted how PL commentators are more likely to blame keepers without reason and often don't give them their due, even more than in other leagues. It's like they expect them to be superhuman androids on a daily basis. It usually made me annoyed on behalf of them even if I had no stake in any of the teams playing.

I guess it's partly due to the fact that keepers are underrepresented in punditry. I'm struggling to think of an ex-goalie who's a TV regular in England.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Personally thought that was the best looking goal so far this season in the south goal when watching from the back of the north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here