Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steak house?

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Best place for steak is usually a good french restaurant. There are two good ones along church road in Hove. Can't remember their names though ...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Remember when it opened in Chichester Smith and Western was good but havent been for a few years and they have opened more branches so may not be that good now.

To be fair the Horsham branch of Smith & Western is still pretty good. Remember though that it's target market is fairly young, teenagers, younger kids and young adults, so if you are an old git like me you could feel a tad out of place.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best place for steak is usually a good french restaurant. There are two good ones along church road in Hove. Can't remember their names though ...

If one was L'Eglise then you're right they DID do a good steak. However now closed. They've moved back to France. The other may be what used to be Harry's, haven't tried that yet.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Have been to M&C 3 times.
1st time steak was OK
2nd time was poor. Complained got a refund plus £20 voucher.
3rd time used voucher, steak was poor - won't be going back again.

Good chain for steaks is Gauchos, but unfortunately not one local.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I've found the Coalshed hit and miss and very expensive. Best consistent steaks are Cote and Bills.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I remember years ago having a nice steak in Tex Mex in Rowlands Road Worthing, was pleasantly surprised seeing as it's known for that Mexican tosh.
I believe it is also Steve Coogans favourite restaurant.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I remember years ago having a nice steak in Tex Mex in Rowlands Road Worthing, was pleasantly surprised seeing as it's known for that Mexican tosh.
I believe it is also Steve Coogans favourite restaurant.

Very strange restaurant that. My nephews love it so go a fair bit, but feels like it hasn't moved on in quite some time. Pretty bland mexican fare, which is a shame as I LOVE a burrito. But the steak is usually pretty good, as usually get it with the Texan table

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone been to the Findon Steakhouse recently and if so, what was it like?

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Above average steaks (average being pub fare) though only smaller sizes, menus a bit of a mish mash of cuisines.
Alright for a casual night out, nowt to write home about.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gaucho is very good if you can afford it, luckily I had a very good supplier that took me there on a regular basis.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The best in London is cut @ 45 park lane, that will be more like £100 a head. Would avoid gaucho which is more style over substance. Any of the Hawksmoor or Goodman`s are better. If you want something a bit livelier go to STK.

London is easily comparable to any of the top steak places in the US now.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I can recommend The Lamb at Lambs Green near Horsham for their steak night on a Saturday. Plus they have nice ales on too.

Or The Greets Inn, Warnham.

Had steaks in both place, and they were good.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The best in London is cut @ 45 park lane, that will be more like £100 a head. Would avoid gaucho which is more style over substance. Any of the Hawksmoor or Goodman`s are better. If you want something a bit livelier go to STK.

Hawksmoor the best in London I reckon - admittedly not tried goodmans yet though. Beats gaucho and hix for me. Brighton-wise I actually thought coal shed was pretty good personally - all about opinions though - seems like coal shed is the Ashley Barnes of steak...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Sorry, disagree with that.

New York steakhouses are still a cut above and there are a fair few I would rank above the best I've been to in London.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

New York steakhouses are still a cut above and there are a fair few I would rank above the best I've been to in London.
But its just beef at the end of the day this is not fine dining!! The process of raising cows, hanging the meat properly , charbroiling etc is copied the world over now.

I would say that NYC has more of them but having been to keens, wolfgangs, lugers etc many times I'm convinced they are no better than the best in London.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed - the Capital Grille and Smith and Wollenskys for example..........but these are eclipsed by places like Figueredos in Sao Paulo (none of this is helping the OP with his question though !)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here