Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Stay alert" - new govenment messaging

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't worry, after all the negative feedback, Cummings has re-worked it, ready for tonight

NSCSlogan.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Personally hadn’t a problem with the ‘new’ one until ive just read your comment over staying at home as much as possible...if thats the case why change it?

As regards to Scotland I’m not interested in what Sturgeon is saying all she is bothered with is getting one over Westminster

What about the rest of the Union rejecting the change?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. We all signed up to staying home on the implicit understanding that by doing so we would be helping protect the NHS and helping save lives.

If the new slogan turns out to be accurate (still 7 hours for it to be revamped) then it deserves all the stick it gets. Sake! Why are hmgov so rubbish?

The government is under pressure from the economists and money men, but don’t want to take any blame so put out mixed messages so nobody can point a finger. Unless someone is about to be thrown under the bus.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've only just realised that 80 years ago today his hero Winston Churchill became Prime Minister. It all makes sense now.

To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen's retort to Dan Quayle: Prime Minister, you're no Winston Churchill.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What about the rest of the Union rejecting the change?

What about them agreeing ...to pick on NS again ...she’d find it hard to agree to anything from Westminster...and yet at the start I felt she was the most statesman like of all...now i get the impression it’s more about getting one over the English...she has to be the first to make an announcement every time

Jimmy Grimble

What about them agreeing ...to pick on NS again ...she’d find it hard to agree to anything from Westminster...and yet at the start I felt she was the most statesman like of all...now i get the impression it’s more about getting one over the English...she has to be the first to make an announcement every time

Who’s agreed to it?

As far as I can see, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are not changing their message.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1259446167831752710[/tweet]

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And this new message to be released this evening in a pre-recorded announcement, so no questioning to Johnson.

And no doubt Johnson will get someone else to make the statement to the House tomorrow to again avoid any difficult questions on the meaning and mixed messaging.

Anyway in true spy mode I have just swept my house trying to detect any bugs, but came up empty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It’s not the best, but it’s a really, really tricky one.

Operation SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE was a success, to put it mildly. The next message has to be nuanced. How do you give people hope, and start to gradually turn from “stay at home” to “go back to work, but safely”?

Also, the address hasn’t even happened yet, give him a chance!

In all seriousness, can anyone think of a better 2/3 word slogan? I’m not saying it’s brilliant, but I’d be impressed if anyone comes up with something much better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally hadn’t a problem with the ‘new’ one until ive just read your comment over staying at home as much as possible...if thats the case why change it?

As regards to Scotland I’m not interested in what Sturgeon is saying all she is bothered with is getting one over Westminster

The dog whistle is in the green for go (as [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] astutely noted).

We are preparing for sunny uplands.

Boris and Cummings have been Zooming to cook up a sop for the people. Maybe it will be the restart of football (the game for the plebs)? How much money do they need to throw at football to make it safe? That's probably just one of the wheezes being feasibility and cost tested by these conniving twisters right now. Football will deliver far better than a relaxation on social distancing. Can't very easily reopen the pubs. Maybe they will create some pop-up outdoor pubs? Trust me, they will be thinking outside their box on all these wheezes. Mood management.

I hate to say it but this is just like the promise made about Brexit but considerably more tentative and vague at the moment. Not yet time for full speed ahead, but a transition of trusting. Trust is a must. Trust yourselves by trusting us. Trust Liz Truss. Trust the trust in the trust trust bus. We'll truss you up and throw you all away. Hang on, that last but can't be right, can it? ???

Yes, I'm eyeing my dry powder now.

All I need to do now is look on the CV good news thread and read Moldy Brains, toasting HMG, and our new Churchill, and I'll start thinking about where I left my big fat Boris gun.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s not the best, but it’s a really, really tricky one.

Operation SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE was a success, to put it mildly. The next message has to be nuanced. How do you give people hope, and start to gradually turn from “stay at home” to “go back to work, but safely”?

Also, the address hasn’t even happened yet, give him a chance!

In all seriousness, can anyone think of a better 2/3 word slogan? I’m not saying it’s brilliant, but I’d be impressed if anyone comes up with something much better.

We don't need another slogan.

I'm increasingly reminded of Rimmer's solution to the polymorph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgUktfdDy4

Let's get tough.....let's hit it with a major leafletting campaign.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The dog whistle is in the green for go (as [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] astutely noted).

We are preparing for sunny uplands.

Boris and Cummings have been Zooming to cook up a sop for the people. Maybe it will be the restart of football (the game for the plebs)? How much money do they need to throw at football to make it safe? That's probably just one of the wheezes being feasibility and cost tested by these conniving twisters right now. Football will deliver far better than a relaxation on social distancing. Can't very easily reopen the pubs. Maybe they will create some pop-up outdoor pubs? Trust me, they will be thinking outside their box on all these wheezes. Mood management.

I hate to say it but this is just like the promise made about Brexit but considerably more tentative and vague at the moment. Not yet time for full speed ahead, but a transition of trusting. Trust is a must. Trust yourselves by trusting us. Trust Liz Truss. Trust the trust in the trust trust bus. We'll truss you up and throw you all away. Hang on, that last but can't be right, can it? ???

Yes, I'm eyeing my dry powder now.

All I need to do now is look on the CV good news thread and read Moldy Brains, toasting HMG, and our new Churchill, and I'll start thinking about where I left my big fat Boris gun.

LOL ..bit early for the sherry :D

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Are we allowed to follow it up with a lengthy explanation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here