Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Statues: Plan B?

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Plan B? Even more "dicking-around-at-the-back". Enjoy :dezerbi:
Edit: It shall be called "Enhanced Dicking"
I'm confused as to the point when dicking around turns into fannying around and vice versa.
This enhanced dicking development will muddy the waters even further I think. Perhaps we could just chuck it in the mixer instead?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man Bournemouth really did a number on us when they only lost by three goals to one

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Too many balls to Ferguson who tried to touch & turn but lost it every time. Not once did he hold up the ball to layoff to midfielders, he was completely bossed by their number 27.
I wasn't at the match, instead listening on Radio Sussex and WA was moaning about that throughout the first half. Just before half time, we swapped Ferguson and Welbeck and the first time they went in together for a challenge Welbs held the ball up and got Zabarnyi booked. Warren 'told you so'd' and we got a bit of pressure and scored five minutes later. In the second half, he was on a yellow and up against different types of strikers. It was him that lost Mitoma's run for the third goal. You can see why RDZ wants a lot of different attacking options and why the sides in the bottom half weren't so keen on five subs. It can't be much fun thinking that you've had a decent half against our wonder kid only for us to bring on Barcelona's.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The floated out pass wide needs the full back to have acres of space. But in @Papa Lazarou's photo, even though it appears Pervis has space, he probably didn't have enough to receive the floated pass.

Bart's ball was to either of the centre-backs, who passed to the other centre-back who then should have sent it wide IMO.
Exactly …..two wide men either side…covered by 2 Bournemouth players ..who were very quick to close the space if the ball was passed wide….bit like midweek really

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People with a better memory than me will be able to confirm o refute this, but I'm pretty sure that Man City did a similar thing in the away game towards the end of last season.

I distinctly recall Haaland having to repeatedly fight against his natural instinct to close an advancing Steele down and, instead, hold back and mark the space, presumably as instructed by Pep.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Everyone knows we play attractive football, keeping the ball on the floor and passing it around nicely. Every manager will be trying to figure out how to stop it. So RDZ should go all Tony Pulis at stoke city, that would really confuse them. Though it may need RDZ having some form of therapy afterwards.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Plan B is only a minor tweak to Plan A.

Rather than drop the ball at his feet and then make a short pass, the keeper either throws or rolls the ball out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here