Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statement from Mr Barber

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He could have said that in about 3 sentences, he does like to spout a load of shit to try and make himself sound rather clever.

Nothing new is being said here and this doesnt make me feel anymore comfortable about the situation the club is currently in.

we here nothing for weeks, then all of a suddourn we cant stop releasing statements. very disapointing, I hope lessons are learnt from this, as currently its been truely shocking.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good with words but not punctuation.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I never ceased to be amazed by some people on here. They moan because the club tell us nothing and "fail" to communicate. Then when they do they moan.

It's a truism that an individual's reaction reflects their own personality.

Are they suspicious of other people's motivation? Then be suspicious of theirs.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Yet, apparently, there are so many experts on here that would have handled this so much better. Makes you wonder how these experts in running a professional football club and associated PR get the time to come on here doesn't it?

Yes, those who want Barber out for turning us into a club financially secure for future years to come. Those people would have us having a wonder couple of season and then a trip to the administators

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's a fair and honest statement. But that won't stop some people moaning.

I trust the club to conclude this business as painlessly as possible.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Experienced interim manager eh?

Yeah, that was the bit that jumped out at me. Hope I'm wrong, but that sounds like a steadying hand at the tiller, rather than the long-term manager in place under a "interim" title. Not sure that sounds like Oscar, but then again, it is certainly not Tim Sherwood.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you are simply not allowed to say what the alleged breaches of contract are in such an internal investigation at this stage (even with Poyet protesting his innocence of the charges), then that is probably as much as he can say.

Something needed to be said, so credit for that.

I am not reassured at all about the contracts and recruitment, because had we had someone in charge six weeks ago dealing with all that then and now, we could be more optimistic about the season. But there is no point moaning about it, that's the way it is, and we may well not have a permanent manager for a while.

Still puzzled about the interim position. Do you get a real stopgap and allow him to sign players the new bloke might not like, or not let him sign anyone and leave it all to the last minute (and maybe miss out). Or appoint the interim that you eventually want, just call him an interim and change the title later on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or not.

How many questions will be answered by Im sorry we can't comment because of legal reasons.

Lol...if its still going on that far ahead ...well i dont know what i would say....i imagine some details will never be published.....either way i think it will be an interesting forum on the cusp of a new season

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I'm sure that we'll continue to see people moan about how Barber has/has not communicated, when he communicated, why he did/didn't communicate specific information, and all that fun but as he is continually at pains to impress, there is very little that he can say without causing serious damage to the cases that will be on-going with both Charlie and Gus.

I've been on both sides of employment issues, and I'm sorry for those who can't understand why there isn't more information coming from the club but as has been repeatedly stated they can't say anything substantive until it's all over, and even then not if the sides agree to secrecy as part of whatever agreement is finally reached.

So hard though it is, I would suggest that people put thoughts of Gus (and Charlie) from their minds for the next few weeks. Personally I'm just looking forwards to seeing the team back on the pitch and whatever the next season brings.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well, comparing this articulate, reasoned and reasonable email (albeit limited by legal constraints on what he can say) with Poyet's self-serving gibberings on TV last night, I know which inspires more confidence from me.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There's nothing reassuring about that. It's damage limitation after royally shooting ourselves in the foot.

As he said they have not moved until taking legal advice throughout. We would have shot ourselves more in the foot if we hadn't done so.

My previous company used an employment law solicitor on contract and if the company lost any case after following their advice, the solicitors were libel for the costs.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
hard to moan at that email.

only big mistake was not waiting till this morning for the Gus sacking- but he says all timings have been thought out......hmmm....maybe Poyet was going to mock the club last night and we had to do something.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There you go then. All is now well with the world.

Let's move on and forget about....erm...the last bloke who managed us.....foreign bloke.....No sorry...it's gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here