Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] State Opening of Parliament

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Another great tradition.

King Charles will be paraded to the public with his crown jewels out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Animated GIF

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
It’s all a waste of time and money, dr death can just say what they hell he wants to say (in fact he already has at the party conference) he could just get on with it instead of faffing about today wasting our taxpayer money on their self inflated egos.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Put in a position of announcing awful policies that he is unlikely to agree one bit with (new oil/gas licencing and authoritarian measures against homeless people).
Love him to say my government will deliver blah blah and at the end say ffs this lot are wankers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very few people on the streets watching his procession. Those who were there were outnumbered by the security.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Some interest from the presenters and guests in what Sunak and Starmer will talking about on the way to the Lords.

How the children are? AI?

Chris Mason: "Maybe they're having a chat about VAR." :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It’s yet another pointless waste of public money all part of the historically rich cultural tapestry that makes up our Great Nation that has no real reason to even take place in this day and age instead of feeding and housing the poor, funding the NHS and stop this pointless interference and blame culture that means it’s everyone’s problem bar the government’s the nations in such mess and it’s your doing please Stop playing politics with this pointless king’s speech, Tories out, get out, just go, be gone stop hanging on for grim life just go

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Aren't they both Arsenal fans?
I think Sunak's on record as saying he's a Southampton fan. I don't think he comes under the heading of 'die-hard supporter', but I think he did actually attend a few matches in his youth. Certainly I think he's more of a football fan that Cameron who said he supported Aston Villa but appeared to know very little about them. (Probably wanted to impress Prince William).

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I think Sunak's on record as saying he's a Southampton fan. I don't think he comes under the heading of 'die-hard supporter', but I think he did actually attend a few matches in his youth. Certainly I think he's more of a football fan that Cameron who said he supported Aston Villa but appeared to know very little about them. (Probably wanted to impress Prince William).
He was at the Southampton v Fulham game at the end of last season. His motorcade barged past us as we walked to the stadium, although no-one realised who was in the blacked out Range Rovers at the time. When he was spotted by the Fulham fans he was given several rousing choruses of 'Rishi Sunak, you're a winker, you're a winker' and 'Rishi Rishi, what's the score?' as we cruised to a 2-0 victory, sending Saints down.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Call me Dave also claimed to support West Ham and no doubt has a soft spot for Burnley.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s pretty shameful in a way to force one of the most prominent environmental campaigners of the last 50 years to put on a shiny hat and read out a load of anti-green nonsense designed by a dying government to give them a short term electoral boost at the expense of the long term health of the planet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here