I reckon we have 6 nailed on starters

Veltman
Dunk
Estupinan

Mitoma
Enciso

Ferguson

The rest is up for speculation
Gross is more of a nailed on starter than Enciso or Ferguson. There’s barely been a game under RDZ where he hasn’t been slotted in somewhere, including ahead of Veltman. Behind Dunk he’s the first name on the team sheet.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Wouldn't think RDZ would leave 30 million quids worth of striker on the bench for the first game so I think he'll definitely start as a number 9, we've now got 3 excellent strikers plus the experience of Danny to rotate.

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
Buonanotte/Caciedo
Mitoma
Encisco
March
Pedro

Subs
Bart
Lamptey
JPVH
Lallana
Sarmiento
Ayari
Ferguson
Undav
Welbeck
Pedro isn't an out and out striker though. He'll be best next to someone like Ferguson.

For me I'm not sure whether Verbruggen or Steele will start, other than that quite simple.

Veltman Webster Dunk Estupinan

Groß Caicedo

March Pedro Mitoma

Ferguson

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Too early to say. The US matches and (in particular) the friendly against the Spanish team will tell us. There will be plenty of rotation given the expanding squad and the Europe League. I think Pedro and Dahoud will become starters quite quickly but that doesn't mean they'll start against Luton. RDZ may ease them in by bringing them on as subs in the first few games. Gilmour was more prominent later in the season so perhaps he'll stay a first team regular. And Milner -- I'd expect to see him come on as a sub to stabilise things. I think he's a very clever signing. But again, we'll know much more after the US games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn't think RDZ would leave 30 million quids worth of striker on the bench for the first game so I think he'll definitely start as a number 9, we've now got 3 excellent strikers plus the experience of Danny to rotate.

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
Buonanotte/Caciedo
Mitoma
Encisco
March
Pedro

Subs
Bart
Lamptey
JPVH
Lallana
Sarmiento
Ayari
Ferguson
Undav
Welbeck
Ferguson is worth more than £30m already. Tough call.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
Buonanotte/Caciedo
Mitoma
Encisco
March
Pedro

Subs
Bart
Lamptey
JPVH
Lallana
Sarmiento
Ayari
Ferguson
Undav
Welbeck
Milner not even in the squad? 😳

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
——————— Verbruggen————————
Milner ——— Dunk —— Webster ——- Pervis
———— Dahoud — Caceido — Gross ———
Pedro —————- Ferguson ———- Mitoma

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Milner not even in the squad? 😳
I'm not sure the boss will definitely pick the team I'd suggested but our squad is ridiculously large so there will be times when even the more recognised players will have to sit it out,Milner will be 97 by the time we start the season anyway so he will be experienced enough to know it's not personal I left him out.
Plus I'd completely forgotten about Mo so it becomes even more complicated to settle on a match day squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm not sure the boss will definitely pick the team I'd suggested but our squad is ridiculously large so there will be times when even the more recognised players will have to sit it out,Milner will be 97 by the time we start the season anyway so he will be experienced enough to know it's not personal I left him out.
Plus I'd completely forgotten about Mo so it becomes even more complicated to settle on a match day squad.
To me, this is the much more interesting question, who isn't making the matchday squad when the season starts?

We may yet buy more players and we may yet not lose any (OK Sanchez is near certain)

But i'm looking at Milner and thinking he's odds on not to make the matchday squad on day 1. Not saying he doesn't have a part to play, there will be injuries and we'll try to compete on 4 fronts.

But such is our squad now, and only Moder that we're currently pretty sure that is likely to miss the start of the season, players, like Adringa, Gilmour, Sarmiento, far from guaranteed to make the 19. And if we sign a couple more defenders, that puts players like Van Hecke, Lamptey most likely out of the 19 as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here