Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Starting line up

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think that RDZ will go with experience. This match could be a huge banana skin for us because Luton will have had so much time to plan for it and will be so up for the game.

——————-—-Steeele———————
Veltman——Webster—Dunk—-Estupiñán
———-Groß—————Gilmour————
March—————Lallana————-Mitoma
———————Ferguson———————-

The bench will then be stacked with at least 6 genuine game changers such as Enciso.

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Verbruggen

Veltman
Dunk
Webster
Estupinan

Caicedo
Dahoud

March
Joao pedro
Mitoma

Ferguson

You don’t spend £20m on a keeper and £30m on a striker you have game experiance at high levels not to start them against a team who will have about 10% of the ball and who will do anything to protect a point in their first game. Caicedo hasn’t gone anywhere yet so why wouldn’t he start . If Solly isn’t fit then Enciso should start

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Verbruggen

Veltman
Dunk
Webster
Estupinan

Caicedo
Dahoud

March
Joao pedro
Mitoma

Ferguson

You don’t spend £20m on a keeper and £30m on a striker you have game experiance at high levels not to start them against a team who will have about 10% of the ball and who will do anything to protect a point in their first game. Caicedo hasn’t gone anywhere yet so why wouldn’t he start . If Solly isn’t fit then Enciso should start
I’d be surprised if Steele is not our #1 keeper from the start of the season and yes, you do - in the PL - spend £Xm on #2 keepers.

Likewise Joao Pedro won’t necessarily be guaranteed a starting place on strength of that £30m price tag. We have other options - depends on his form.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Real trap game and I think as few changes as possible from last season would be the best way to deal with it.

Steele
Veltman - Dunk - Webster - Estupinan
Caicedo/Gilmour - Gross
Lallana
March - Ferguson - Mitoma

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I would go as close to the 11 who were performing best together at the end of last season, and ease in the new guys. This is a banana skin game & we don’t want to add to that by there being disjointed play on our part with starting players who aren’t upto speed yet.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Wouldn't think RDZ would leave 30 million quids worth of striker on the bench for the first game so I think he'll definitely start as a number 9, we've now got 3 excellent strikers plus the experience of Danny to rotate.

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
Buonanotte/Caciedo
Mitoma
Encisco
March
Pedro

Subs
Bart
Lamptey
JPVH
Lallana
Sarmiento
Ayari
Ferguson
Undav
Welbeck

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So how do we want to see the team line up against Luton?
Smilingly, and just the once. When we kick off at the start of one of the halves.

I'd like to see Luton line up sadly, and several times.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wouldn't think RDZ would leave 30 million quids worth of striker on the bench for the first game so I think he'll definitely start as a number 9, we've now got 3 excellent strikers plus the experience of Danny to rotate.

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
Buonanotte/Caciedo
Mitoma
Encisco
March
Pedro

Subs
Bart
Lamptey
JPVH
Lallana
Sarmiento
Ayari
Ferguson
Undav
Welbeck
Dahoud will be pushing for a starting place let alone the bench.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
Buonanotte/Caciedo
Mitoma
Encisco
March
Pedro

Subs
Bart
Lamptey
JPVH
Lallana
Sarmiento
Ayari
Ferguson
Undav
Welbeck
Dahoud is technically our best player now??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here