Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 when everyone's available

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Maybe Bridcutt will have a fight on to get back in the team? Ince and Andrews both playing well and in his position.

I think Bridcutt will come straight back in tbh, yeah Andrews and Ince have been very impressive but i feel Bridcutt will walk straight back in and it would be like he never left

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I reckon bridcutt will be on th bench to start with. Going to be tough keeping Andrews and ince happy when bridcutt gets back in but squad game and sure Garcia will mix it up depending on the game. Two good things from bridcutt injury , 1 he wasn't sold in August and 2 the emergence if ince who looks a quality player and will soften the blow if bridcutt was to be sold.

Is bridcutt due back next Saturday then ?

Things are looking good for us. Can't be many teams that could have the amount of first teamers out yet still be on a role and creeping up the table. Next aim has to be getting into the top 6 and staying there. Think a good case for 2 nd could be made to be honest. Early days though

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Crofts has been Mr consistent, and scored goals... Tricky to drop him....ooh what decisions to have when we have Everyone back.... Best thing re these injuries it has allowed some youngsters to be blooded in big games and they have done well.... Mainly Ince..

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bridcutt should not be an automatic starter once he is fit. Bench at first I think and introduce him gradually. With the talent we have available, we don't need to rush him back.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bridcutt shouldn't walk back into the squad, we've got a midfield of players who have gelled and are playing well and none of them deserve to be dropped on current form IMO.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
-------------------- Kuszczak ------------------
Calderon --- Greer -------- Upson ------- Ward
------------- Bridcutt --- Crofts -------------
-------------------- Orlandi --------------------
Buckley ------------ Ulloa ------------ Barnes

Subs: Brezovan, El-Abd, Andrews, Caskey, Ince, LuaLua, CMS. Squad: Casper, Dunk, Bruno, Dave, March, Conway.

Looks very strong to me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
------------------ Kuszczak -----------------
Bruno ----- Greer -------- Upson ------- Ward
------------- Bridcutt --- Ince ---------------
Buckley------------- JFC---------------Orlandi-
-------------------- Ulloa --------------------

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea what our ultimate first XI will be - but with our squad I don't expect it to stay the same fpr two games running very often. Sorting it out will be OG's 'problem'..........if he gets it right, we'll have a good season. Feeling a lot happier now than I was a few weeks ago, though.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Why the sudden love for Conway?

+1
Conway was less than mediocre at QPR......as average a debut as I have seen. That said, nothing wrong with competition for places and KLL and Buckers have both improved as a result.
Calde would be unlucky to lose his place to Bruno, who looked a liability on his return at QPR.
Good to see us get th result we did yesterday without Andrews, who has been immense in all the games he has played...

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Yeah really hard to pick best team isnt it

Mine would be

gk - Kuszczak
rb -Calderon
cb- Greer
cb -Upson
lb- Ward
rm - Buckley
lm - Lua Lua
cm - Andrews
cm - Bridcutt
am - Orlandi
cf - Ulloa

subs - Mackail smith, Crofts, Conway, Bruno, Lopez, El abd, Brezavan

what a squad we have as Caskey forster, Agustein, Barnes, Hoskins, Ankergren, Chicksen, Dunk, Ince, Maksimko, march not even on the bench shows that we can chop and change some players if under performing or slight knocks etc etc and this also means all players need to be performing at high standard. This is the best squad we have ever had in my time.
Especially as Ince, Caskey Forster, crofts have had a very good start of year, i think calderon deserves to keep the right back spot as has had a superb season so far for me was mom vs bolton.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd like to see this team:

Kuszczak

Bruno~Upson~Greer~Ward

Andrews~Bridcutt~Orlandi

Buckley~Ulloa~CMS

CMS and Buckley running down the channels, Orlandi magic, Andrews and Bridcutt pulling the strings....brilliant.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beers tasted so much better after yesterday's game, but also instigated the debate about our strongest 11 when everybody is back available....

Thoughts please.

-------------------- Kuszczak ------------------
Bruno ----- Greer -------- Upson ------- Ward
------------- Bridcutt --- Andrews -------------
-------------------- Orlandi --------------------
Buckley ------------ Ulloa ------------ Conway

Would be my eleven, however all of us had different ideas, great selection problems ahead for Oscar.

If all available, I would go with this with a couple of exceptions. Bruno has not done enough (for me) to displace Calde.

I like the idea of Bridcutt and Andrews protecting the back 4 (bit like Petit and Vierra at Arsenal) allowing the rest to bomb forward.

Whilst he is probably a good player (And I hope he does well for us) Conway can not deserve a place yet. I would give it to Lua Lua or Barnes. Kazenga on current form. He was definitely my MOM yesterday, but he can change.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
oscar is going to have a tough choice to make when everyone is fit
my starting x11 would be
big pole
calderon greer upson ward
bridcutt andrews orlandi
buckley lua lua
ulloa

bench
ankergren plus 6 others

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have been to all the home games and watched Reading game on Sky. Listened to the rest. I am opinionated and believe I am a good judge of players. I have no idea of our best 11. I think we have a squad for anything the Championship can throw at us. I like the way Ince brings height, youth and pace to defensive midfield, I like the calm intelligent play Andrews brings, I like the toughness, sheer presence and unstoppable tackles from Bridcutt and I think Crofts is back to his best, particularly bombing forward. That's just one position! I like what Oscar brings compared to Gus. I loved Gus and his style of play, but every player had a clear disciplined role that was obvious to all and I felt that as a layman, I could understand it and see what he wanted to do. With Oscar, the players roles are so unpredictable and frankly I feel like his approach is much more sophisticated than Gus had and he can use the full squad to much better effect. Inother words, I don't think he will have a best 11. I think he will vary the style and rotate the squad which will be so much harder ffor the opposition to plan for.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Surprised how many people are picking Bruno ahead of Calderon.

Bruno has been utter gash since his first injury around about October last year. Looks far to slow and was a liability when he came on against QPR.

If we can get the Bruno of early last season then fine but otherwise is Calde all day long for me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For HOME fixtures...

Koosh

Bruno (if fit and playing well, I certainly would not drop Calderon at present )
Ward

Upson
Greer

Bridcutt
Orlandi
Kemy

Lua Lua
Buckley

Ulloa

Subs

Barnes
Andrews
Lopez
El - Abd
JFC
Casper
Calderon/Bruno

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Maybe Bridcutt will have a fight on to get back in the team? Ince and Andrews both playing well and in his position.

Ince has been good but for me Bridcutt would be first pick. The one thing about Ince of course is his height but Bridcutt has always seemed to make himself about a foot taller somehow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here