Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 for tomorrow night

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Surely pushing to get into the playoffs and go up is worth a hell of a lot more than winning the FA Cup?

Whats wrong with winning promotion and having a bloody good tilt at the cup.Fielding a weakened team shows a lack of courage and a slap in the face to fans paying their hard earned.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It is, but you have to look at the relative odds of hitting the Prem via the play-offs versus getting to Wembley in the FA Cup semi's, and I really can't see how a professional footballer will struggle with Tue-Mon-Sat games, so full strength team (or close to it) tonight for me.

Yes I agree with you there I suppose, particularly on the fitness issue.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Once in a decade we get as near as this. Or less.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Whats wrong with winning promotion and having a bloody good tilt at the cup.Fielding a weakened team shows a lack of courage and a slap in the face to fans paying their hard earned.

Absolutely nothing at all. I was merely questioning the financial element, nothing else.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I think those of us who were around in 83 will never forget the buzz all through Sussex and I for one would love to see it happen again.Field the best team,injuries its all mystic meg stuff.Money how about commitment to winning.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why is it an error in judgement? Because we might not win? It's similar to the team that played brilliantly against Reading in the cup so why not give the fringe players a chance to shine in a contest that is considered to be of less importance than the league? I'd love it of we won the cup or got to Wembley but not at the expense of the league. And throwing a wobbly if we don't because we field a second XI is just a tad OTT

(a) Why not maximise your chances of getting through? As Walt J says, we should be able to play our strongest team tonight AND against Wigan!
(b) I'm not 'throwing a wobbly', nor am I going to!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Can you imagine being 1-0 up then a last minute blunder by Brez giving us a replay that nobody wants and would have little chance of winning, this board would go into complete meltdown.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
(a) Why not maximise your chances of getting through? As Walt J says, we should be able to play our strongest team tonight AND against Wigan!
(b) I'm not 'throwing a wobbly', nor am I going to!

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see our strongest side but I just don't expect to and I won't be disappointed if we do end up playing our second XI. The bit about throwing a wobbly wasn't directed at you personally, it was directed at all the people that will partake in the binfest if we lose.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can you imagine being 1-0 up then a last minute blunder by Brez giving us a replay that nobody wants and would have little chance of winning, this board would go into complete meltdown.

Indeed, His last game last season was to let in 3 against Arsenal, so worthless 'keeping his eye in' argument & cost us a £500k+ replay.
It is gutting to think that in every round we are not going to 'try' we are in effect just waiting to get knocked out.
Semi against Arsenal, would he change ?
OG needs to be careful, if we get stuffed on TV and lose the next 4 to go bottom half, then what?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Kuszczak

Calderon
Greer
Upson
Ward

JFC
Andrews
Orlandi

Buckley
Ulloa
Rodriguez

Let's keep Ince and March away from the Premier League club's attention.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Could be worse like Forest. Draw is better than a loss. I'd sooner play Blackburn when it is warmer.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Indeed, His last game last season was to let in 3 against Arsenal, so worthless 'keeping his eye in' argument & cost us a £500k+ replay.
It is gutting to think that in every round we are not going to 'try' we are in effect just waiting to get knocked out.
Semi against Arsenal, would he change ?
OG needs to be careful, if we get stuffed on TV and lose the next 4 to go bottom half, then what?

It was Casper that played against Arsenal... just saying...

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Why is it an error in judgement? Because we might not win? It's similar to the team that played brilliantly against Reading in the cup so why not give the fringe players a chance to shine in a contest that is considered to be of less importance than the league? I'd love it of we won the cup or got to Wembley but not at the expense of the league. And throwing a wobbly if we don't because we field a second XI is just a tad OTT

Football is for fans mate and MOST of us love the FA cup. It has to be the strongest team as Hull are there for the taking. If we miss out in the play offs everyone will be saying Oscar made a huge mistake in the cup so he has to field his best 11 IMO. If anyone is a tadd OTT its you.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Football is for fans mate and MOST of us love the FA cup. It has to be the strongest team as Hull are there for the taking. If we miss out in the play offs everyone will be saying Oscar made a huge mistake in the cup so he has to field his best 11 IMO. If anyone is a tadd OTT its you.

I'm not the one wetting myself at the prospect of the regular XI not starting so I don't see how I'm being OTT. I can the validity in the arguments for starting our strongest XI but can also see why it's possible, even probable, that we won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here