Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Starmer v Sunak *** Official Match Thread ***

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wish people would stop saying that the NHS is broken. Parts of it are fantastic. Simple question is: are we prepared to pay higher taxes for a better service?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, VAT is added to the bill presented to the customer, so it’s a pretty poor product the private school is offering if it can’t jolly its clients into paying for it.

Private schools can pay their damn tax bills just like everybody else has to. State schools need funding too. It’s up to parents to decide whether to educate their children privately, but it’s a luxury alternative to the already present state provision, and a business like any other, it does not deserve tax exemptions that other businesses do not enjoy.
i suppose you could term it as luxury, though the exemption from VAT applies to all education and training. not usually seen a luxury and will be interesting how they frame the legislation to avoid spill over to other education services.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wish people would stop saying that the NHS is broken. Parts of it are fantastic. Simple question is: are we prepared to pay higher taxes for a better service?
I don’t think that’s the only question when it comes to the NHS.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure them laughing at Sunak is a good sign

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blaming industrial action on waiting lists, not a good look from Sunak.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sunak clearly making points better here, although I think folk warm to Starmer more.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Starmer will want out of here, Labour are clearly running this on the basis of folk's dislike for the Tories. But he's short on policy.

Sunak seeing the weakness.

If you didn't know the game, you'd put Sunak polls ahead.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sunak just shouting down Starmer is not a good look. He doesn't actually want Starmer to answer - because that goes against his 'he's got no plan' narrative. Etchingham isn't much better, because she won't let them actually complete the answer either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here