Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starlizard! Interesting Article about Mr Bloom.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
God no. By 'pay Tony back' and 'sustainable' I don't mean 'sell up', I just mean that the club repays the chairman his loans, and the club owns the stadium, academy and training grounds, eventually without debt. I want Tony to stay at the helm as long as he can, but without the need for the significant financial support - because at some point he won't be here anymore.
He's converted a load of the loans into shares already and will probably convert more. As I said, he's not in this to get his money back.

I doubt there are any clubs that have made enough profit for the chairman to take £200m+ out. How much have the Glazers taken out of Man U over the years?

It's about him not having to finance the club any more, not repaying what he's put in.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It doesn't take much reading up to know that TB can sustain those kinds of losses indefinitely, we're not on some kind of time limit for his funds 'drying up' as people so frequently suggest. As others have alluded to, BHA just reduces his investment opportunities elsewhere and what his potential net worth could be, he is not losing money in the sense that his bank account is getting smaller.

It's difficult for us to comprehend the motivations of someone who is so rich, the only time limit is how long he actually wants to keep doing what he does and whether he gets intolerant of paying footballers inordinate sums of money only for them to be indifferent and keep falling short and lacking the motivation he has. At that point he may think he could invest himself and his his money elsewhere more constructively. Basically falling out of love.

I think we're a very, very long way from that though so just be thankful for the years ahead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the idea that anyone STILL believes Tony Bloom isnt a multi-billionaire. It's like Flat Earthers.
I'm amazed he's accrued such a wealth under the radar.

I imagine the only detraction from promotion would be the spotlight turning onto him.
He'll be quite a story when the media decide he's worthy of reporting.

Not many uber-rich people sit at god awful northern train stations wearing a bobble hat with their sarnies, flask and a packet of monster munch, in an Albion duffel bag.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I imagine the only detraction from promotion would be the spotlight turning onto him.

You'd be surprised. A lot of the people on these "rich lists" are only there because they want to be. The journalists don't do a great deal of research (they supposedly check accounts and stuff but I know of at least one entrant who was worth F all and got rated as having a £25m fortune) and if someone is shouting loudly enough about how much they are worth then they will be included whereas those who just want to get on with actually making LOADS of money can easily go under the radar. If you don't tell anyone how much you're worth then how can they find out?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'd be surprised. A lot of the people on these "rich lists" are only there because they want to be. The journalists don't do a great deal of research (they supposedly check accounts and stuff but I know of at least one entrant who was worth F all and got rated as having a £25m fortune) and if someone is shouting loudly enough about how much they are worth then they will be included whereas those who just want to get on with actually making LOADS of money can easily go under the radar. If you don't tell anyone how much you're worth then how can they find out?
That is my point.

TB has spent years under the radar, but being a Premier League chairman, esp a self made English one, will change all of that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Not many uber-rich people sit at god awful northern train stations wearing a bobble hat with their sarnies, flask and a packet of monster munch, in an Albion duffel bag.

Didn't the Forbes rich list have 77 billionaires in the UK? There are many multiples of that. Have listened to Noel Gallagher talk about that list, it's very easy to stay off it and you're only on it if you want to be, and he said they had underestimated his wealth by about 5x.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nah, don't post very much (at all) as I have little to say. about anything really. But I have enjoyed the Birthday messages. So thanks for that!

What Birthday messages? Why have I never had a birthday message? I demand a recount. S'not fair.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It must be a pretty big duffel bag if he can sit in it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So good they named him twice...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love the idea that anyone STILL believes Tony Bloom isnt a multi-billionaire. It's like Flat Earthers.
I've no idea if he is or isn't, I've not seen any evidence either way - but then I haven't been looking up the value of his companies, and what share he has in them. So what information is available?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100% this - it's a lot more common than many people realise (even if not at his supposed levels of wealth). If he wasn't our chairman and had no public profile I doubt anyone would know (or have any real reason to be interested). People in his position often have a web of companies (legally) masking ownership meaning that only their advisers, lawyers and bankers know what lies beneath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here