Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stargazing live

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
From the Amex tonight.

I heard they were gonna do Town Blazing Live from Selhurst.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That's a bloody big telescope behind Cox, when did they move that to The Amex?

It didn't actually come from the Amex but I attended the event this evening and a good time was had - lots to do and lots of AITC people running things, as well as lots of stargazy stuff to do. Only grouse was that it was too cloudy to view the stars from the fine array of telescopes set up along the touchline - Barbers fault I am sure.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Was I a mug to watch this on BBC tonight hoping to see the Amex?

I know some are really keen on stars, the universe etc, but I'm not one of them.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I had no idea how COLD the concourses are, without 25,000 people and all those ovens with pies in to help heat the place up, brrr!

It was very well organised though, good fun

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We went tonight, had a great time, apart from not seeing anything through the telescope. The talk on the Mars Rover was VERY interesting, the blow up planeterium was a bit trippy.

Only gripe (other than the weather) was not being able to use my e-card tonight. I transferred £20, thinking that the card machines were still iffy. Turns out they were only taking cash, which was annoying as I only had about £2 in change in my pocket!!! But if going without a cuppa is my biggest whinge, it must have been a good night!! All the kids I saw there seemed to be having a whale of a time, which was good, and nice to see Gully (even if he shook his head when my mrs asked him if he was enjoying the night!!!)

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Only gripe (other than the weather) was not being able to use my e-card tonight

That and not being able to buy pies! I think a nice stargazey pie would have gone down a treat!

sp.JPG

Er second thoughts, maybe not :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here