Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Starfield

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Need to claim my free copy that comes with my shiny new PC

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
If you're looking at new games I'd quite recommend Baldur's Gate 3, so much replayability.
Been playing the shit out of this recently. It feels like playing D&D, in the best possible sense, but without the virginity.

Starfield is currently the only game I’m pining for as a PS5 owner, as Fallout in Space is right up my street.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Biggest problem for me with new games is none give me the same sense of satisfaction or enjoyment as DOTA 2.

I have 8,500 hours in that game and nothing comes close. If I want to play a game seriously I'll play it.

It I want to chill I'll play it with friends and mess around, or if nobody else is playing I'll play Football Manager. Probably 95% of my gametime over the last few years is split between Dota and FM.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Football manager will run like a dream on that!!! As will cities skylines 2 if you're that way inclined...
I am rubbish at FM despite being in CM3 as a member of staff for scouting Albion. But I might delve into Cities. First thing I need to figure out is how to set the damn thing up. I have worked in IT for 34 years but all of the graphics setting confuse the hell out of me. I got a 144Hz monitor as well so need to figure all the settings. I got used to just setting to medium/low and Vsync on with my old machine!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good news is I managed to redeem my copy and it is the Premium one. Bad news is it added it to my Steam rather than giving me a key so any resale options gone. And I have a line fault so currently have 20MB download. Think I'll wait!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Ryzen 5 7500F and 7800XT 16GB with 32GB RAM. Massive overkill for the sad simulators I play but want it to last a while. My 1050Ti served me well though.
I am rubbish at FM despite being in CM3 as a member of staff for scouting Albion. But I might delve into Cities. First thing I need to figure out is how to set the damn thing up. I have worked in IT for 34 years but all of the graphics setting confuse the hell out of me. I got a 144Hz monitor as well so need to figure all the settings. I got used to just setting to medium/low and Vsync on with my old machine!
Starfield is pretty unoptimised and demanding. You'll struggle to get anywhere near 144fps even with your new build. I just about get locked 75fps with 5800X3D (all core offset -30) and a 6800XT at medium settings with FSR2 on.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Overall really enjoying Starfield..like the mission variety and just wandering around nosing into stuff. Don’t like the inventory menus..and as for the adoring fan perk..shot that annoying pr1ck in the head first chance I got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here