Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Starfield

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone else playing this? I bought it a couple of weeks ago on PC and am really enjoying it - so much to do it's almost hard to keep track of at times.

I've recently completed the Freestar Rangers questline and got the the ship reward. It's a great ship, but I just couldn't carry on flying something called the Star Eagle, so I did what any self-respecting Albion fan would do - upgraded it, improved the design, painted it blue and white and renamed it the Seagull:

Attachments

• Seagull.jpg
    Seagull.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 78

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looks lush that game. I am wondering about buying a steamdeck purely to play RDR2 but Starfield may tempt me if I do.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I was tempted to get a game pass for my TV as my TV has xbox cloud streaming, but reviews have put me off. Got back into No Man's Sky on PS5 instead - bloody wonderful game now

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Been playing it on gamepass and having fun. It's very much still a Bethesda game though.

And the opening and main story are just bad. Hard to find a reason to care about it. But the side stuff is good. I completed one of the UC side quests and now have a penthouse apartment in New Atlantis for it.

Oh and the "romance" options are so cringe that I almost wonder if it isn't a deliberate parody of early Bethesda games. In that's the case, it still fails to beat the parody in Saints Row IV.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d love to play it, sadly I don’t have a PC or Xbox any more, and as it’s a Microsoft exclusive I doubt I’ll ever get the chance as I opted for PS5.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Been playing it on game pass and so far so ok. Enjoyable enough but no real wow factor yet.

All very well put together. Hard to remember where places are unless on a specific mission.
Agree with this. I don't understand why there isn't an option to display all the star names, or at least have a search function. It's really annoying to try to find a particular star if it's not one of the handful that are labeled

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
And the opening and main story are just bad. Hard to find a reason to care about it. But the side stuff is good. I completed one of the UC side quests and now have a penthouse apartment in New Atlantis for it.

I've spent far more time doing side quests than the main story as I agree they're much more interesting.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is it basically Fallout in space? How does it compare to Outer Worlds?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Absolute find a way to play RDR2, a genuine masterpiece
Yep. I don't play games like I used to. Played a lot through my teens when computers first hit homes and then until my thirties. In now in my fifties and only dabbled here and there until the doomed Stadia hit the scene. Bought a few games including RDR2 and then spent over 2 years almost entirely playing RDR2 on that when I fancied a bit of gaming. It is as you say, incredible, it is a work of art and it's detail is astounding. A masterpiece. I miss playing it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Playing it, but finding it as frustrating as magnificent. 5/5 in some respects, 1/5 in others.

RDR2 is a masterpiece. Really like Horizon Zero Dawn too. Also Deathloop.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It's far better than Outer Worlds. They're not in the same ball park
Honestly, I think the writing and world building was way better in the Outer Worlds. But Starfield has more stuff to play with and is much more open. But too much of it feels sterile.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Space games are not my thing, but i've just started 'Lies of P' on PC and it is bloody brilliant. Someone has finally managed a souls-like that isnt awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here