Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Teaser Trailer

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All of the Disney flicks have been brilliant. Can’t wait for this one - for the return of the best Star Wars character; Lando Calrissian.

I loved the Last Jedi but the Force Awakens was ruined for me by copying the plot structure of A New Hope essentially making it a remake.

If this next one can avoid being Return Of The Jedi - it should be a winner!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Screenshot_20190826-144139_YouTube.jpg
This is interesting :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're at the point now that I need a 'Star Wars - Family Tree'.

I have no idea what's going on with the story and who's who.
In Stat Universe Marvel has handed out an absolutely beating to Star Wars.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
We're at the point now that I need a 'Star Wars - Family Tree'.

I have no idea what's going on with the story and who's who.
In Stat Universe Marvel has handed out an absolutely beating to Star Wars.

Shmi Skywalker + The Force - > Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) + Padme Amidala -> Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa
Leia + Han Solo -> Ben Solo (Kylo Ren)

Rey's parents unknown, Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi, Yoda, Qui Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Boba Fett, Palpatine, Lando all not thought to have children.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) + Padme Amidala -> Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa

Rey's parents unknown, Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi, Yoda, Qui Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Boba Fett, Palpatine, Lando all not thought to have children.

I much prefer Malcolm Tucker's take on it:

"What’s that film you like? About the space hairdresser. The space hairdresser and the cowboy? You know, he’s got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His dad’s a robot and he fvcked his sister. Lego! They’re all made of Lego!"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Lando was in love with a Fleabag Robot. So, possible BB8 is one of their offspring?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for heads up. Imax tickets booked for opening night.

(Was supposed to get an email in advance of tickets going on sale. Grrrr!)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That 3P0 line. Pass the sick bucket.

I'll watch it but The last Jedi was utter bobbins. This has to be seriously good to get back on track.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'll watch it but The last Jedi was utter bobbins. This has to be seriously good to get back on track.

Can Abrams possibly save the saga some dignity with this final outing?

Have any of the subsequent films or spin offs given us any of those jaw dropping moments, Leia clinging to Luke and swinging across a chasm, Han's yeeeeeehaaaa to give Luke the all clear to blow the death star, Vader telling Luke he's his father, Yoda raising the X-wing from the swamp, Han and Leia's stolen kisses. You think back to those moments, and you are struggling.

We're left with Luke seemingly a grumpy island redneck who dies from 'force projection exhaustion', a shiny 'chrome dome' storm trooper, a space chase that revolved around waiting for the chased to run out of fuel, and a big gun in a planet that seemed more complicated than building another Death Star and just as vulnerable.:shrug:

What could possibly go wrong!?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yup, the first two in this saga have created so many questions, that this one could have been titled star wars episode 9 the jedi and the dozens of loose ends. If it pulls it off it will rank as one of the greatest feats of film-making of all time

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Can Abrams possibly save the saga some dignity with this final outing?

Have any of the subsequent films or spin offs given us any of those jaw dropping moments, Leia clinging to Luke and swinging across a chasm, Han's yeeeeeehaaaa to give Luke the all clear to blow the death star, Vader telling Luke he's his father, Yoda raising the X-wing from the swamp, Han and Leia's stolen kisses. You think back to those moments, and you are struggling.

We're left with Luke seemingly a grumpy island redneck who dies from 'force projection exhaustion', a shiny 'chrome dome' storm trooper, a space chase that revolved around waiting for the chased to run out of fuel, and a big gun in a planet that seemed more complicated than building another Death Star and just as vulnerable.:shrug:

What could possibly go wrong!?

The Vader scene at the end of Rogue One is as good as any Star Wars scene I’ve ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here