Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
97 and still going strong, funny man.

0_Stanley-Baxter-as-the-Pantomime-Dame.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Been off this wet week and Hell drivers was on TV, add Robbery and Zulu as films. Surely much missed ?
Hell Drivers - what a film! Should be on the GCSE history curriculum! Oh for the days when all-British Beford lorries (great fun to drive, BTW) without a seat-belt in sight could roar along country lanes side by side, with nothing coming the other way (sadly not even an Arabella or Chantelle in their SUV on their way to the 500 metres school run!)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hell Drivers - what a film! Should be on the GCSE history curriculum! Oh for the days when all-British Beford lorries (great fun to drive, BTW) without a seat-belt in sight could roar along country lanes side by side, with nothing coming the other way (sadly not even an Arabella or Chantelle in their SUV on their way to the 500 metres school run!)
Great fun to drive? you must have had strong arms, no power steering of course and they had the turning circle of a tank! Big heavy brutes.

An iconic British brand though over many years was Bedford.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Great fun to drive? you must have had strong arms, no power steering of course and they had the turning circle of a tank! Big heavy brutes.

An iconic British brand though over many years was Bedford.
Just bigger Vauxhalls!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Actually in my O/P i really failed to mention the cast and what a list that was. As for and it's just me but what an actor the late Stanley Baker was, taken from us way to early.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
You could be right - but they used to drive like loonies to/from the quarry at Washington on the A283 to Shoreham Cement Works?

The filming of Hell Drivers, I believe, took place in Italy.
Hell Drivers was filmed in the UK, with the final scenes at Truleigh Hill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here