Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Standing in the north stand

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think we are (not officially) allowed to stand In the North has there is no trouble.

I did hear a whisper that they were watching it closely last season with CCTV, and stewards, to see if there was any idiots who would spoil it for the others, but not sure how true it is.

It is definitely turned a blind eye too, and not enforced, so maybe there is some truth to it.

Long may it continue.

Attachments

• E418EDFC-C08E-41B4-A1D1-A496B54809D6.png
    E418EDFC-C08E-41B4-A1D1-A496B54809D6.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 23

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
We are in N1G, Row E. It is a bit up and down there, only 3 rows in front of us as A is the wheelchair part (think I have that right). Anyway, a fair bit of standing when we are on the attack but then people sit down too. Father in law had his hip done last year and now the other one is paying up so welcomes the change on position rather than constantly standing or sitting.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You shouldn’t be standing , there’s seats for a reason . That way everyone can see . Maybe the people standing should take a minute to think of their fellow fans rather than me me me .
I understand your point, but everyone knows that the North Stands, and the further down the North you go, it can be up and down or up all the time, dependent on the game and atmosphere. Liverpool for instance 95% of the North was stood up (my daughter was moaning about her feet :ROFLMAO:) but loved the atmosphere so much. We have sat further down in the North as well, occasionally getting up when we were on the attack, it is all about being considerate, some tall lad was in front of my daughter and saw she could not see, and swapped (seats) with his shorter mate.
We have sat in various parts of the ground, and I expect to be sat, because that is the nature of the area.
The original question by the poster was well aware that standing was common in the North, hence his question.

Therefore I feel your post is somewhat "Victor Meldrew"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If you don't like standing why go in the North? It is a fairly small % of the stadium capacity so why not choose somewhere else. It certainly has no better view so that can't be an excuse.
Every ground has a stand that stands up.

Nicks

If you don't like standing why go in the North? It is a fairly small % of the stadium capacity so why not choose somewhere else. It certainly has no better view so that can't be an excuse.
Every ground has a stand that stands up.
Because it's the cheapest stand to go in.
Hence lots of young kids with their parents in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here