Stand or Fall banner – please donate

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How do we drum up more interest?

I'm only acting as the middle man/money collector here, so it's probably up to [MENTION=2934]tomysupercup[/MENTION] et al. What I will say though is that the initial focus was sort of "we need to raise some money for a banner, any extra can go towards a flag." Maybe we now need to firmly set sights on the flag and send that message out again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm only acting as the middle man/money collector here, so it's probably up to [MENTION=2934]tomysupercup[/MENTION] et al. What I will say though is that the initial focus was sort of "we need to raise some money for a banner, any extra can go towards a flag." Maybe we now need to firmly set sights on the flag and send that message out again.

I'd like to donate but there's no chance until payday in a few days time. When does it need collecting by?

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Money on way

Should we now ask for designs and company's to quote for a flag.be good to have it in place ASAP
Good work to all involved

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Post up the design for the flag and photoshop images of it in-situ...

I'll give £10 provided it looks decent.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is the old 'Giant Flag' - long lost but not forgotten

Has anyone got a better photo of it?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd like to donate but there's no chance until payday in a few days time. When does it need collecting by?

The banner is covered so you don't need to rush on that count, we are still collecting for a giant flag to be passed around the Amex. I'll be in contact with Tomysupercup and we will look at getting that rolling too. Don't expect much til after the Spain trip mind.

:D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The banner is covered so you don't need to rush on that count, we are still collecting for a giant flag to be passed around the Amex. I'll be in contact with Tomysupercup and we will look at getting that rolling too. Don't expect much til after the Spain trip mind.

:D

Thanks. And why is the old giant flag 'lost but not forgotten'? I would have thought it would be pretty hard to lose something as large as that!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Thanks. And why is the old giant flag 'lost but not forgotten'? I would have thought it would be pretty hard to lose something as large as that!

Went missing years ago, Know one really knows how its folk law know but I heard it was in one of those metal containers were the away fans were, When the new stand was built for them the box had to go, the builders found a mouldy old banner and chucked it. It hadn't been used in years, Was very heavy and old and no one wanted to help carry it around. I remember helping to carry it once and it was very heavy.

The new one should be lighter and more durable plus we have a safe place to store it. (Where the NSK store all of there flags/banners.)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I shall also chuck in some extra dosh when I see the proposed Flag design.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Latest numbers...

Paypal = £1202 - £16.81(fees) + €9.75.

Bank = £275.

Total = £1460.19 + €9.75

We're down by £20 as a 'Paypal eCheque' (whatever one of those is) from [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] has been cancelled or something. No idea how these work or what that means.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

This is exactly what needs to happen. Ill gladly put more in when we see some designs for the giant flag. I also think some of those giant wavable type flags you get in the kop would look great and be something people would chip in for.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just stuck a cheeky Tenner in the pot (via P/Pal). :thumbsup:

Great work guys, keep it going! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports