Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stan Collymores LIve in Lille

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Talksport withdraw contract offer made in May. Stan Colleymore leaves TS.
Talksport owner (Wireless) just been bought by Murdoch..coincidence...
Colleymore Twitter source.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds like he's lost the battle with Joey Barton. The two can't stand each other so it raised eyebrows when Barton was brought in by the new bosses and made part of their team in France. The station's not big enough for the both of them. So now we'll have to listen to Barton blathering on about what a great footballer he is all the time - or not listen at all, which is more likely on my part bar the lunchtime show.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sounds like he's lost the battle with Joey Barton. The two can't stand each other so it raised eyebrows when Barton was brought in by the new bosses and made part of their team in France. The station's not big enough for the both of them. So now we'll have to listen to Barton blathering on about what a great footballer he is all the time - or not listen at all, which is more likely on my part bar the lunchtime show.

I can't understand why Barton is given so much respect for his so called "expert" analysis. It insists of him racking on about how just about every team in the world would benefit from him stamping on their opponents and stringing together half a dozen decent passes per game. The bloke is clearly articulate but is also s massive bellend..mind you, so is Stan "the man" collymore so their a wonderful match.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Talksport withdraw contract offer made in May. Stan Colleymore leaves TS.
Talksport owner (Wireless) just been bought by Murdoch..coincidence...
Colleymore Twitter source.

TS has always been in love with Murdoch and is Sky Sports biggest promoter. With the return of Talk Radio its the perfect propoganda tool for him

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I doubt that was the reasoning behind it.

With Joey off to Rangers I can't see him being a permanent fixture like Collymore was.

Seems very bizarre and something must have happened (obviously) but he seemed to be one of their bigger names in terms of ratings despite the fact most can;t stand him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't say I'll overly miss STANLOI and his totally OTT reactions to goals being scored during his co-commentaries. He literally SCREECHES into the mic half the time, blatantly trying to get it included onto one of Talksports tedious trailers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]686729866729930753[/tweet]

With Murdoch now owning Talksport, I think this tweet probably had something to do with STANLOI's demise.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So is George Galloway going to resign too, we all know he loves our former Australian friend

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]686729866729930753[/tweet]

With Murdoch now owning Talksport, I think this tweet probably had something to do with STANLOI's demise.

Stan has written some rather unwise things on twitter, and people have written some unwise things about him too..

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My sauce is Colin Murray

[tweet]753215798546759680[/tweet]

Murrays show is superb - Bob Mills goes postal being a personal favourite. If this is going to become a Murdoch enterprise we can kiss goodbye to anything with a modicum of intelligence.

Robbie Savage and Joey Essex here we come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here