Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stains homophobe given banning order

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If this is all he done a three year stadium ban sounds very harsh. Maybe a six month job but frankly there have been hundreds or thousands of fans that have done the same.

So what does breaking into a stadium, brandishing knives, knuckle dusters and fire crackers, assaulting stewards and fellow fans get you? A lifetime ban seems appropriate compared to this.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If this is all he done a three year stadium ban sounds very harsh. Maybe a six month job but frankly there have been hundreds or thousands of fans that have done the same.

So what does breaking into a stadium, brandishing knives, knuckle dusters and fire crackers, assaulting stewards and fellow fans get you? A lifetime ban seems appropriate compared to this.

Some of them were so brave that they had to cover their faces. But maybe I'm being hard on them, it was a bit nippy after all and they were probably just keeping warm.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Commiting an offence (any) at a football match is the last remaining criminal act which can still attract the death penalty in this country following abolishment for arson in a naval dockyard and killing the monarch for which it was dropped in the early noughties. But looking sidewise angrily at a football match is technically still punishable by hanging. But only a football. Do it at another sporting event and you get free Nectar points and told to tone it down at most.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another misuse of the Football banning order.

Lets ruin someone's life because they shouted things at a football match. Brilliant :facepalm:

I know, imagine being asked at your next job interview why you can’t travel on business? “Oh, I swore at a football match and sang does your boyfriend know you’re here?”

“ 3 years, fine, surrender passport, lose job...” BANG! “Next case Clerk, what is the accused guilty of...? What, breaking into a football match with intent to use explosives...? Case dismissed to keep things inconsistent...BANG! Next case Clerk...What?! Murder at a Rugby match?!! Don’t be silly man. Would never happen. Dismissed...” BANG! “Next case Clerk if you would...”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another misuse of the Football banning order.

Lets ruin someone's life because they shouted things at a football match. Brilliant :facepalm:

I know, imagine being asked at your next job interview why you can’t travel on business? “Oh, I swore at a football match and sang does your boyfriend know you’re here?”

“ 3 years, fine, surrender passport, lose job...” BANG! “Next case Clerk, what is the accused guilty of...? What, breaking into a football match with intent to use explosives...? Case dismissed to keep things inconsistent...BANG! Next case Clerk...What?! Murder at a Rugby match?!! Don’t be silly man. Would never happen. Dismissed...” BANG! “Next case Clerk if you would...”

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's an Argus report, so I doubt it is complete or accurate. I suspect he said a lot more than has been reported.

To warrant the severity of the punishment I really, really hope so. I hope that 'does your boyfriend know you're here?' was all that the Argus dared print.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To warrant the severity of the punishment I really, really hope so. I hope that 'does your boyfriend know you're here?' was all that the Argus dared print.

I'm not sure any sort of homophobic chant at one game warrants a 3 year ban. I'd much rather they were forced to attend a meeting where they meet gay men and women who have been bullied or beaten up, listen to their story and get to understand why it's not right. And if they get caught doing it again...then ban them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure any sort of homophobic chant at one game warrants a 3 year ban. I'd much rather they were forced to attend a meeting where they meet gay men and women who have been bullied or beaten up, listen to their story and get to understand why it's not right. And if they get caught doing it again...then ban them.

Oh agreed, and I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for the little scote which I don't want to. However even allowing for the fact we're now living in the Neo-Puritan era I do hope he did something more than has been reported.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not sure any sort of homophobic chant at one game warrants a 3 year ban. I'd much rather they were forced to attend a meeting where they meet gay men and women who have been bullied or beaten up, listen to their story and get to understand why it's not right.

Come on, we've moved on from this, society has changed. Homosexuality is perfectly acceptable in today's world.

*Snigger*

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Was there any of this at the palace game, Shirley?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Forced to go to meetings to be re educated?

How very Communist

Probably just ignoring the div would be better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That would cost money..... and, given the not dissimilar attitudes of several on this board who are 'grown ups', this little twerp would probably just smirk his way through the exercise if he's over 18. I didn't catch how old this guy is, but my guess is its far too late for behavioural therapy. #dunlearnin

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That would cost money..... and, given the not dissimilar attitudes of several on this board who are 'grown ups', this little twerp would probably just smirk his way through the exercise if he's over 18. I didn't catch how old this guy is, but my guess is its far too late for behavioural therapy. #dunlearnin

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

When he starts watching his beloved Stains again age 31, he may have grown up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here