Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stagedoor coaches

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Hi what is your feelings on them if you use them.

it cost £10 from Polegate to Falmer, The same price for a child.no reductions.

you book over the internet and then have to pay over the phone when they ring you back. i booked for last night 2 1/2 weeks ago only to get told this monday my order was cancelled as the coach was full, so had to book for another area.
And when i rang them first thing yesterday and asked if they had room for a further 4 people they said they were fully booked.
Guess what when i got on they had 16 seats not taken.

who is in charge of this the club or is it a private company, would have thought the more people they carry the more they make and it helps get the crowds of the trains and park and ride.

sorry to moan but i am not very happy to day don't know why:rant::rant::rant:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I have paid for the season for travel, they've seemed pretty good so far. The coaches have always been on time or early, drivers are friendly, and we get good regular updates via email. I assume from the rich variety of buses/coaches in the coach park with their logo on, that they get in coaches from various other companies.

Only problem is that some of the buses we've had are a bit old, and struggle up some of the hills on the A27.

Also booked them for the season from Maidstone. Have been mediocre for various reasons Yesterday was the worst trip so far. Sat at Southborough yesterday for 30 minutes waiting for departure time to tick round. Worst cock up yesterday was when we got to Crowborough to be told three people had mssed the coach at Tunbridge Wells and we had to go back for them however this was not announced ove ra microphone and some people not listening or with headphones on suddenly found the coach going in the wrong direction with bemused looks on their faces. We did return but by the time we got there the passengers had gone by alternative means. Then waited again at second stop in Crowborough for somebody who had also made alternative arrangements because coach was now running late but obviously driver did not know. Listening to the three guys on the way back they told the company not to send the coach back as it would upset those already on it so a lot of time and effort wasted. Better communication is certainly one lesson to be learnt for the driver,the company and those using the coach. Ended up getting to the AMEX at 7.10 - three hours after leaving Maidstone. I have a few other issues and will look for a new way of travelling next year.I could go on but I am beginning to bore myself now.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I get the coach from havant and honestly believe the service provided is amazing, friendly, good time keeping, and without it I wouldn't make any evening games!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I get the coach from havant and honestly believe the service provided is amazing, friendly, good time keeping, and without it I wouldn't make any evening games!

Coming from west of Worthing I can only agree.

Problems may have been caused last night due to high demand - they said they had to put on extra coaches at the last minute so possible confusion.

A travel season ticket costing £139 for all home league games seems to me good value given the other options.

Hi what is your feelings on them if you use them.

it cost £10 from Polegate to Falmer, The same price for a child.no reductions.
That's a lot for the length of journey. The return rail fare for one adult + one child from Polegate to Falmer is just £10.05, for the two of you, when tickets are ordered online - £6.70 return for the adult, £3.35 for the child.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That's a lot for the length of journey. The return rail fare for one adult + one child from Polegate to Falmer is just £10.05, for the two of you, when tickets are ordered online - £6.70 return for the adult, £3.35 for the child.
Price of convenience. guaranteed seat and no queuing at the train station.

Is the coach cheaper to hire if you only do Polgate to Falmer rather than say a Worthing to Falmer

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£5 from Burgess Hill which is less than the train fare.

I imagine the issue with seats being apparently booked but actually empty is to do with people who have booked up for the season making alternative arrangements for the odd game. I used the BH one once and it was perfectly fine. The only slight issue was someone who'd booked to get on at Hassocks & didn't turn up, so we ended up waiting around for a few minutes. Not long though, and the return journey was great. First coach out of the ground after the Sunderland ones.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
£5 from Burgess Hill which is less than the train fare.

I imagine the issue with seats being apparently booked but actually empty is to do with people who have booked up for the season making alternative arrangements for the odd game. I used the BH one once and it was perfectly fine. The only slight issue was someone who'd booked to get on at Hassocks & didn't turn up, so we ended up waiting around for a few minutes. Not long though, and the return journey was great. First coach out of the ground after the Sunderland ones.

I get back to Havant on the coach before my friend gets back to Southwick by train... you cant complain really!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here