Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stage Two Season Ticket

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Stage Two
We will send an email to all existing season ticket holders, offering them the chance to make appointments for friends and family to purchase tickets.

Waste of time sending out this email, they don't have any seats available for you to purchase for your friends and family,unless you want to move from your superior seat to s/w corner, yeah im really going to do that one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
doesn't mean you have to move does it?

they are using current STH's as word of mouth advertising - cheap, effective and a bloody sensible move.

what it does show is that having exhausted the waiting lists there are still more seats available before they get down to casual support/pay per game seats so I'm guessing we might struggle to hit 22K STH's. Fantastic effort by the club though as we won't be far short of it!

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
doesn't mean you have to move does it?

they are using current STH's as word of mouth advertising - cheap, effective and a bloody sensible move.

what it does show is that having exhausted the waiting lists there are still more seats available before they get down to casual support/pay per game seats so I'm guessing we might struggle to hit 22K STH's. Fantastic effort by the club though as we won't be far short of it!

Im not interested the statistics of this, facts are i got sent an email saying
Stage Two
We will send an email to all existing season ticket holders, offering them the chance to make appointments for friends and family to purchase tickets.

But they only have s/w corner if you want to buy an additional seat and who on gods earth is going to buy a seat in the s/w corner and give up your far superior seat, if in the email it said s/w corner only available i would not have wasted 12min and 25 seconds of my precious time on the phone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stage Two

But they only have s/w corner if you want to buy an additional seat and who on gods earth is going to buy a seat in the s/w corner and give up your far superior seat, if in the email it said s/w corner only available i would not have wasted 12min and 25 seconds of my precious time on the phone.

You've misunderstood. It doesn't say anything about giving up your existing seat. Its just an opportunity for you to introduce somebody else.

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
There are many reasons why lots of STHs have CHOSEN to buy in SW corner. See lots of posts on ESU Block C thread up to a few days ago. Don't have such a narrow view of what is superior and what is inferior.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
You've misunderstood. It doesn't say anything about giving up your existing seat. Its just an opportunity for you to introduce somebody else.

Your being pedantic as you know that if you want to buy an additional seat for a friend or family you would probably want to sit together not move to the less superior seat.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The e-mail quotes "friends and family" rather than "family and friends" which infers they are giving you priority of allowing someone you know the opportunity to buy a season ticket before the remnants go on general sale.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Your being pedantic as you know that if you want to buy an additional seat for a friend or family you would probably want to sit together not move to the less superior seat.

The marketing strategy also covers STH's referring work colleagues or casual friends who want a STH and don't want to miss out.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
The e-mail quotes "friends and family" rather than "family and friends" which infers they are giving you priority of allowing someone you know the opportunity to buy a season ticket before the remnants go on general sale.

Excatly, this is not going to be an easy day with 5 of them it's like going to pedantics R US.Wish me luck.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Why is it a less superior seat, I would say row 20 of the S/W Corner if far superior to Row 1 dead centre of the East/West lower.

I think its you who is being pedantic, its just a marketing tool to make an existing STH think, "Hmm my uncle has spoken about getting a ST for him and his son, I'll let him know he can beat the general sale bods and get in now".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What did you honestly expect - that there'd be a swathe of seats suddenly around your "superior seat" for you to take up with friends and family ? It was obviously going to involve moving if you wanted to sit with them.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
The marketing strategy also covers STH's referring work colleagues or casual friends who want a STH and don't want to miss out.

When i get back im going to phone back and give the contact details of 5 people i know that want a s/t,if they buy i hope i get some sort of referral bonus.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Why is it a less superior seat, I would say row 20 of the S/W Corner if far superior to Row 1 dead centre of the East/West lower.

I think its you who is being pedantic, its just a marketing tool to make an existing STH think, "Hmm my uncle has spoken about getting a ST for him and his son, I'll let him know he can beat the general sale bods and get in now".

That i can not disagree with no matter how hard i try.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When i get back im going to phone back and give the contact details of 5 people i know that want a s/t,if they buy i hope i get some sort of referral bonus.

Are you on a wind-up ?

1. Why haven't these 5 people bothered contacting the club if they want a season ticket ?
2. Why should YOU be entitled to a bonus ? Chances are those seats will be sold regardless of whether they are bought by your mob or not.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Are you on a wind-up ?

1. Why haven't these 5 people bothered contacting the club if they want a season ticket ?
2. Why should YOU be entitled to a bonus ? Chances are those seats will be sold regardless of whether they are bought by your mob or not.

1)jumping on the bandwagon

2)for referring someone who then goes on to make a purchase.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Stage Two

If you can't understand a straightforward email then your time isn't that precious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here