Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stag do in Hamburg - Your advice and suggestions are required

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Are Werder Bremen at home - its only about an hour on the train.

They are at home to Freiburg 230 on the Saturday. Freiburg are in the Europa this year but struggling a bit in the league. Good chance to check out Bremen bars too.

PG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you have never witnessed live German football take up one of the suggested games outside of Hamburg. It's a great experience.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Are Werder Bremen at home - its only about an hour on the train.

They are at home to Freiburg 230 on the Saturday. Freiburg are in the Europa this year but struggling a bit in the league. Good chance to check out Bremen bars too.

If you have never witnessed live German football take up one of the suggested games outside of Hamburg. It's a great experience.

I had spotted that Bremen were home but thought that in reality an 'hour away' on the train would equate to 4 hours of travel when including getting to/from the station and waiting for trains. Given that we're only there for 2 days I figured it'd be better to just stay in Hamburg, which I'm sure has plenty to offer. And I have to admit, that it was really St. Pauli I wanted to watch anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had spotted that Bremen were home but thought that in reality an 'hour away' on the train would equate to 4 hours of travel when including getting to/from the station and waiting for trains. Given that we're only there for 2 days I figured it'd be better to just stay in Hamburg, which I'm sure has plenty to offer. And I have to admit, that it was really St. Pauli I wanted to watch anyway.

Fair enough, but remember you will be using Deutsche Bahn, not UK Train Operating Companies. 1 hour away is generally 1 hour away

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Going to bump this, looking at Hamburg for March to take in a Hamburg game. Anyone with any suggestions where to stay? Does it matter? With the budget we have most of thehotels arecoming up in the St Georg area?

Any help appreciated.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Going to bump this, looking at Hamburg for March to take in a Hamburg game. Anyone with any suggestions where to stay? Does it matter? With the budget we have most of thehotels arecoming up in the St Georg area?

Any help appreciated.

The Meininger (excuse spelling - if you google it will come up) chain of hotels is good for a budget. A bit like the German equivalent of travelodge, so simple but clean.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Went on my stag do to Hamburg - didn't leave the rheeperbahn but had a great times, tits and lager suited me just fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here