Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium question - what happens if...?

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
What happens if the public inquiry looks at all the other sites and for some reason deems another site to be more viable? (Unlikely I know, but I'm talking hypothetically here)

Would we then be automatically allowed to seek planning permission from Brighton council in the knowledge that it wouldn't be called in for public inquiry?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I doubt it because people would presumably still be able to object to the planning application and there would be another band of nimbys on the war path

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
But surely, this extension of the public inquiry is going to listen to objections from NIMBYs at all these other sites, otherwise what's the point?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hopefully it will as the more nimbys there are the less likely the other sites will be viable, although to in effect have the public enquiry on each site would be a very long process. I'm only guessing but the enquiry would surely look for the most obvious reason for each site to be non-viable, which has probably already been covered, certainly by the BHAFC side

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Josky said:
What happens if the public inquiry looks at all the other sites and for some reason deems another site to be more viable? (Unlikely I know, but I'm talking hypothetically here)

Would we then be automatically allowed to seek planning permission from Brighton council in the knowledge that it wouldn't be called in for public inquiry?

My reading of the situation is precisely that. It's a win-win situation for us. (although in this scenario we would have to re-draw the plans which would cause some further delays - but at least we would have a guarantee of success!)

Let's face it .... WE ARE GETTING A NEW STADIUM!!!

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
People are getting slightly aggrieved about this further delay. Even if Falmer is turned down, there are always other options out there.

Look back to what happened with Saints - they spent a couple of years planning their out-of-town site, to get it rejected, and then within a year they were given planning permission to another site.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
disgruntled h blocker said:
People are getting slightly aggrieved about this further delay. Even if Falmer is turned down, there are always other options out there.

Look back to what happened with Saints - they spent a couple of years planning their out-of-town site, to get it rejected, and then within a year they were given planning permission to another site.

Is this a cunning plan by Dick to get us another site !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here