stadium help please oh Wonderful NSC peeps

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree with all of this.
I have been taking my sons to matches since they were small, my youngest is 10 and we hear a bit of swearing now and again and I am not offended.

Also he has never repeated any of it at home or school. Can you imagine bringing your child up in such a bubble that they never hear it? Doesn't matter how academic they end up, their first day on a building site / newspaper office / trading room would be a MASSIVE eye opener. Repetitive pointless swearing is uncouth. A well placed one adds emphasis.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And you see better spelling at primary school than you do on NSC.

Mrs Hut was checking the primary school kids homework and one oik had written the c word on his picture !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have noticed the North Stand used to be very loud from the WSU but for some reason that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Are you deliberately cantankerous these days Doug? Or does it just come naturally?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Oi...dont want them in the east stand ta very much

And this is part of the problem. Whoever has complained will get their way and the two behind me, as well as, in all likelihood, me, will get moved to the North Stand whether we want to or not, and the person who has complained will get the West Stand Library they wanted.

If however they were moved to another part of the stand you can be assured there would be people in that part of the stadium they would complain about.

We'll see what happens after the international break, but I'm still very much annoyed by what's happened. If only people were man enough to speak us directly.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have noticed the wsu used to be very loud from the north stand but for some reason that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have noticed the North Stand used to be very loud from the WSU but for some reason that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Well either we have all just got quieter - and I agree the North does seem quieter from the WSU - or the acoustics of the ground have changed with the East Upper and corners being added.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry, I forgot that your opinion is more important than that of others.

Not at all sweetie, everyone's opinion is valid.

Your just seems to be driven by being a miserable barsteward.

Do keep going though, you are incredibly entertaining.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing wrong with a bit of chanting and passion but if it's swearing and generally acting like a knob there are a lot of kids in this area, and having my kids with me I would not appreciate it. Only getting your side of it, but IMO for stewards or officials to be involved shows you may be out of order.

We only ever hear one side of the story on Nsc. Sometimes it turns out to be valid, but sometimes it's a load of rubbish.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It is because the singing section have moved themselves into the NW corner and as a result the North Stand is hardly ever singing one song together.

This combined with the NW corner gang favouring the more self-focussed style of support means the North is unfortunately only a shadow of what it should be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And this is part of the problem. Whoever has complained will get their way and the two behind me, as well as, in all likelihood, me, will get moved to the North Stand whether we want to or not, and the person who has complained will get the West Stand Library they wanted.

If however they were moved to another part of the stand you can be assured there would be people in that part of the stadium they would complain about.

We'll see what happens after the international break, but I'm still very much annoyed by what's happened. If only people were man enough to speak us directly.

erm..i was referring to the precious people :)

Leave off slagging off the Family Stand, where I sit a lot of the Dads like a pint or two and get behind the team vocally/sing/give the linesman a bit of stick etc...just because the word 'c unt' isn't used as every other word doesn't mean we aren't vocal. BTW despite being at the north end we rarely have to cover our little darlings ears to protect them from "wall of noise" coming from the North Stand (the loudest noise I heard from the West Stand v SWFC was from the roof of the stand when a seagull farted)

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Unfortunately people don't seem to appreciate it in the north either, I'm surrounded by families where I am and I feel like I disturb the kids playing on their iPads everytime I shout as they always look round at me. This is why north is quieter is because families are coming over from the east as it's cheaper whereas Im in north for the atmosphere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here