Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium application and car park application recommended for approval

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A clause in the existing s106 relating to monitoring of spectator traffic set out
a requirement for monitoring of parking levels within Moulsecoomb on both
match days and non match days, during the week and at weekends to
ascertain the level of displaced parking. The agreement requires that
independent traffic surveys are carried out, the results of which are reported
to the Club and Brighton & Hove Highway Authority. A threshold of a 10%
increase in parked vehicles on match days compared to non match days was
also imposed. At the end of each the season the parking counts are to be
scrutinised to ascertain the % increase in parked vehicles on match days
when compared with non match days, a penalty clause of £5,000 is sought for 10% increase and a further £5,000 per percentage point increase beyond
10%. The funds are then proposed to be put towards the cost of implementing a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) in this area.

The stadium is yet to be in operation for a full season however a number of
parking surveys have been carried out and based on the information received,
a penalty clause of approximately £75,000 is likely to be sought at the end of
the season if the Club were to continue operations under the current approval.

Many Thanks

I am genuinely staggered at the conditions, clauses and hoop jumping that goes on to do anything on the South Coast.

It also has to be said that a less than a 10% increase in match day parking was never going to happen at any ground anywhere outside of London in the nearest estate with free parking. I'd wager it's more likely to be a 50% increase most of the time. Who do they expect was going to go to the Amex Tom and Barbara from the good life?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Many Thanks

I am genuinely staggered at the conditions, clauses and hoop jumping that goes on to do anything on the South Coast.

It also has to be said that a less than a 10% increase in match day parking was never going to happen at any ground anywhere outside of London in the nearest estate with free parking. I'd wager it's more likely to be a 50% increase most of the time. Who do they expect was going to go to the Amex Tom and Barbara from the good life?

A £75,000 fine would imply a 24% increase.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The agreement requires that
independent traffic surveys are carried out, the results of which are reported to the Club and Brighton & Hove Highway Authority. A threshold of a 10% increase in parked vehicles on match days compared to non match days was also imposed.
Going to abandon my car there, and move it on match days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here