st georges day march for ENGLAND in brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
why the f*** should we??

It might make the march a tad more attractive if you pointed out the joy of being English and what the celebratory nature of the march is. All it seems to me, is a load of middle-aged over weight pasty and potato faced idiots charging down the street harking back to a time when there was only 3 TV channels. Think I've got better things to do with my time thank you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can't really sell a "non political, celebratory" march to us without listing a SINGLE thing you will be celebrating.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can't really sell a "non political, celebratory" march to us without listing a SINGLE thing you will be celebrating.

...they're having a bloody good crack at it though :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only race meeting worthy of support in Brighton on 26th April is the one up the Racehill that marks the opening of the Flat Season at the racecourse :clap2:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It might make the march a tad more attractive if you pointed out the joy of being English and what the celebratory nature of the march is. All it seems to me, is a load of middle-aged over weight pasty and potato faced idiots charging down the street harking back to a time when there was only 3 TV channels. Think I've got better things to do with my time thank you.
i'm not promoting the march, i've got no interest, but some people on here are so eaten up with self hatred they will take any opportunity they can to pour cold water on st george's day celebrations.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...they're having a bloody good crack at it though :lol:

For so long I've thought it was R2-D2 in your profile, because I never looked closely. How I feel about you has changed indescribably. Probably.

Check mine out. She smokes every few seconds. Subtle.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Crisps anyone?

url

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i'm not promoting the march, i've got no interest, but some people on here are so eaten up with hatred of FOREIGNS they will take any opportunity they can to use the st george's day celebrations as an excuse to promote racism.

Fixed your post for you.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fixed your post for you.
can you make sure everything is spelt right next time you "fix" a post for me ? you f***ing astound me , you lot, any excuse in the world to start screaming racism, what is your obsession with it ? do you feel a bit of a country cousin and not quite " street" enough in the leafy blue rinse heaven of east preston that you need to show how in touch with the bredrin you are? oh i forgot you've spent a "fair bit" of time in multi racial areas .

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
No, he's absolutely right. No-one, bar you rusthall in this post North Stand Chat - View Single Post - st georges day march for ENGLAND in brighton , has yet managed to come out with anything they are celebrating. They have only said things they are against and things they dislike.

That's why most people couldn't care less about 'celebrating' this day with them.

We'll celebrate, if we decide to do so, the positive things about England and the UK.

agreed - however, is it ok (in a small, discreet way ) to celebrate how much I dislike the Welsh ???

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
now, that really does float my boat....

there will be plenty of pasty faced overweight men pissed up there. There might even be a fight or two.

The aspects of English culture that so repulse some on here, are on display in abundance at Brighton Races.

I have no problem with it at all to be honest.

why the f*** should we??You wouldnt be questioning any other nationality on the why's and wherefores,for instance on pakistani independence day you'd probably be bending over backwards to join in the "fun".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D.

Enjoy your 'celebration' won't you. The rest of us will be somehwhere having a fun day doing fun enjoyable things instead of spouting bile and hatred whilst pretending to be patriotic and wrapping our inadequacies in a flag and blind bigotery. :bigwave:

i'm not promoting the march, i've got no interest, but some people on here are so eaten up with self hatred they will take any opportunity they can to pour cold water on st george's day celebrations.

And some people are so insecure in themselves and their own identity that they grasp anything, no matter how small, that they feel gives their otherwise meaningless existance some value.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
And some people are so insecure in themselves and their own identity that they grasp anything, no matter how small, that they feel gives their otherwise meaningless existance some value.

like radical Islam for born and bred Britons, for instance.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
why the f*** should we??You wouldnt be questioning any other nationality on the why's and wherefores,for instance on pakistani independence day you'd probably be bending over backwards to join in the "fun".

That's cos they are not a bunch of racist retards like the ones who will be attending the shambles of a march you want to go to.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
what the f*** is your problem, as ive already said, ive got no interest in promoting or going on the f***ing march ,i'll celebrate st george's day by going on the piss with a few mates with a red rose in my suit lapel, what i wont be answering is demands from a cock like you to list what i love about england before i'm allowed to celebrate it.

what the f*** is your problem, as ive already said, ive got no interest in promoting or going on the f***ing march ,i'll celebrate st george's day by going on the piss with a few mates with a red rose in my suit lapel, what i wont be answering is demands from a cock like you to list what i love about england before i'm allowed to celebrate it.

Shouty, shouty, angry, angry.

I bet you and your mates are going to be having a wonderful time. It's just a shame that all the rest of us won't be able to join you all in jolly evening out. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports