Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

st georges day march for ENGLAND in brighton

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hmmm, I hardly think a video put out by the BNP can be used as proof that a march won't be infiltrated by the far right!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Let them march through Bradford with no Police protection.

And while we're at it let that Muslim shower from Luton start their shit in Aldershot town centre, again with no OB around.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you want to know why people are put off from wanting to go and celebrate St George's Day, it's because they don't want to fraternise with the far right.

So if you want to take issue with anyone, it's not Labour councils, it's not 'the PC brigade', it's not 'bleeding-heart liberals' ( (c) Talk Sport), it's those of the extreme right who have tried to manipulate the meaning of the events into vehicles to spread their views over immigration etc.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If you want to know why people are put off from wanting to go and celebrate St George's Day, it's because they don't want to fraternise with the far right.

So if you want to take issue with anyone, it's not Labour councils, it's not 'the PC bridage', it's not 'bleeding-heart liberals' ( (c) Talk Sport), it's those of the extreme right who have tried to manipulate the meaning of the events into vehicles to spread their views over immigration etc.

if, the government took an interest in st georges day maybe, just maybe the far right would not get in edge ways.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
if, the government took an interest in st georges day maybe, just maybe the far right would not get in edge ways.

What exactly is it you want the government to do? walk you to the pub? It is legal to celebrate St Georges Day so celebrate it. Can't see why you have to rally some fat facists to march but you are free to do it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
rubbish, its because the english have traditionally not gone in for "heart on your sleeve" type patriotism, it's only now that national identity is being questioned and threatened that this type of event is coming to the fore.

People like the morons who read the daily mail and vote bnp complain when the government try to take an action on an issue like this. they complain complain when they don't.

Consistency is not really the strong point of many 'nationalists'. Like the head of ukip who ran a building firm employing polish workers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You want a national government to get involved in St George's Day? I'm sure it would open up the possibility of political opportunism and hijacking. I'd much rather any government of the day kept at arms length from cultural celebrations, personally.

I also don't see how it would put off the far right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
rubbish, its because the english have traditionally not gone in for "heart on your sleeve" type patriotism, it's only now that national identity is being questioned and threatened that this type of event is coming to the fore.

What do you mean by national identity being threatened?

We ARE a nation of immigrants. We have a mixed identity.

What identity are you referring to?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
the problem with these threads is that no one will ever change thier mind on such things. I'm sure that now people will link me to the BNP and therefor a rasict.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
that could be said for any country in the world.

Us more than most. What's your point? It doesn't change my question.

So many right wingers when pressed to ask WHAT it is that's being threatened will not give a reasonable answer.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Ha! what an idiotic ideal! If you are white, male and British you have won life's lottery mate but too stupid to realise it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here