Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

st georges day march for ENGLAND in brighton

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't be arsed reading the 5 pages but from the first post , this is just a March ? whats the problem, we should celebrate our day surely ?

I'm assuming the 5 pages are the PC brigade against it for some mystical reason ?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
lets get this right, you would happily be the leader of a march off a cliff ? perhaps you should be wearing one of these ? :dunce:

I was using one of my favourite qualities of Englishness - sarcasm. A bit of humour to lighten the mood. It's also a reworking of a joke from one of my favourite English comedies, Alan Partridge.

I thought it would be pretty bloody obvious, but chucked in the Jester just for the slower ones.

Would you like your hat back? :dunce:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Can't be arsed reading the 5 pages but from the first post , this is just a March ? whats the problem, we should celebrate our day surely ?

I'm assuming the 5 pages are the PC brigade against it for some mystical reason ?

You should. The PC brigade have been asking what the marchers celebrate about being English. No answers forthcoming, although the Welsh, Scots and Irish seem to be being blamed for it all. Infact there seems to be quite a lot of resentment.

That march really is going to be one big Paaaaaaaarty!

No, more people trying to find out what brighton fella is for as opposed to what he is against.

So far he's FOR nothing except a nebulous 'englishness' which he can not and will not define. He is AGAINST an awful lot of things though.

I tend to agree. I usually describe myself as British first, English and human joint second. And the only real reason I use British is because that is the nation in which I was born and the nation of which I am a subject.

You would need to ask a Scot, an Irishman or a Welshman to define what they mean by the label, not me I'm afraid.

But brighton fella is, I presume, defining himself as English so it's not unreasonable to ask him what he means by the description imo.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Can't wait to see the knucle marks going down Queens Road the following day.

I hope it f***ing PISSES down on you.

Dandyman

In London village.
Always nice to see people celebrating Englishness by marching in memory of a Palestinian serving in an Italian army.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Always nice to see people celebrating Englishness by marching in memory of a Palestinian serving in an Italian army.

get of your high hourse for fucks sack, there is nothing wrong with marching for St George. I used to do it as a Scout and i would now have a little beer for him/my country.

Why does it seem to be OK to celbrate being a Scot, Welsh, or an Irishman or any other nationality but not to celebrate being English.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As far as I can see:
- no one has said it's wrong to celebrate being English
- no one is saying celebrating St George's Day or being English is the same thing as being racist

Such attacks are figments of the imagination. But presenting them as real, however, is rather self-serving, as they can be used to reinforce the feeling of being downtrodden that some people here seem very attached to.

Dandyman

In London village.
why the sarcastic comments ?st patrick was a welsh slave , so what?

Because as we all know, while there is nothing wrong with celebrating St George's day if you want to, marches of this type are usually organised by far-right groups to promote their grubby little racist agendas and have very little to do with either Englishness or the practice of celebrating saints days which to me is something that belongs to the Roman Catholic and Anglo-Catholic traditions rather than being something that I would associate with mainstream life.

Dandyman

In London village.
get of your high hourse for fucks sack, there is nothing wrong with marching for St George. I used to do it as a Scout and i would now have a little beer for him/my country.

Why does it seem to be OK to celbrate being a Scot, Welsh, or an Irishman or any other nationality but not to celebrate being English.

Get a sense of humour. If people want to turn themselves into an English version of Plastic Paddies then no one is stopping them, which I suspect upsets them more than any invented anti-English prejudice ever could.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Its just a march to celebrate st georges day. As soon as anything like this is mentioned everyone jumps on the BNP/racist/ football hooligan band wagon.
This type of thing happens in our country all the time, different cultures have marches and celebrations all over the country all year round to celebrate one thing or another, or such events as Pride which although they've now dropped the gay tag it started off as a celebration of being gay and lets be honest it still is. Pubs and clubs do more for St Patricks day than they do St Georges day......but i didnt see people on here moaning about that last week!!!! Was anyone offended by an irish flag or someone wearing one of those Guiness hats???? i doubt it.
But the minute you mention St Georges day or a march and waving a few English flags about its a racist march full of Knuckle dragging bigots!!!! Why is this????????

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Make it fancy dress! go as a cowboy,but i bet you will be outnumbered by the indians once you get to the shops :lolol:

See my previous answer. Because most of the time there is nothing in the 'nationalists' marching on georges day that 'celebrates' englishness in any way. It's all about bile and hatred for others, not a celebration of of our own cultural identity.

That is why generally these bigot ridden parades are ignored by the main body of the English people.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
sunday 26th april, 12 mid day, at brighton station "prompt". march will end at the greens opposite the king and queen pub in london road where several speeches will be made. finished with a good ol drink up in the king and queen pub.
this march is not associated with the nf c18 nor bnp, all it is.. is an organisation formed by a group of footy lads f***ed off with todays treatment of england..ie.. the likes of mass imigration and the short straw treatment when concerning anything english.
we are fed up with griping about our countrys issues in pubs and now have decided to take matters in to the streets by marching.
its about time we had a national holiday on st georges day 23rd april, the scots welsh & irish do so why cant we??...answer..anything english is tarred racist!
if you are proud ENGLISH.. be there !! :drink:

Thick idiot

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm proud to be English, but I don't need to march down a high street with 1000 other people to prove that.

There won't be that many guaranteed. I observed one of these shitfests last year. there were about 50 Nazis and their fat, minging girlfriends along with about 5 of their overweight mongoloid children

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here