Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Georges Day lunch at the Amex

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Yes, I know i'm probably missing the point, that's why I asked the question. However by giving the answer you have, has only echoed the point I was making. Please TLO can you enlighten me then. what is the point I'm missing to which I have admitted to ?? That was my question and I was seeking your type of intellect to help me understand

you didn't ask a question.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is DK trying to recall the opening line of GOSBTS ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How was the spread?

I didn't eat but from people I spoke to, they said the food was outstanding. Not just outstanding for a football ground's caterers, but outstanding in its own right. The service was pretty good, apparently too.

The odd teething problems here and there with AV and stage set-up, but Elliott Moore, who was there, is taking this sort of thing into account for future events.

Oh, and 6 people shouting 'Seagulls' in the stadium doesn't half make a racket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I ate at the Amex last night - possibly the first formal meal served there (not sure about that) and we met Elliott who is clearly a top man.

The head/executive chef was John Major's chef at No.10 and we were delighted with the food we had.

We saw the room all set up for this event last night and the room looked spectacular...
P1050940.JPG
P1050941.JPG

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm amused as to why the band is in full view of everyone but they felt the need to relay it on the big screen, were they all blind old fogies? :lol:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I didn't eat but from people I spoke to, they said the food was outstanding. Not just outstanding for a football ground's caterers, but outstanding in its own right. The service was pretty good, apparently too.

The odd teething problems here and there with AV and stage set-up, but Elliott Moore, who was there, is taking this sort of thing into account for future events.

Oh, and 6 people shouting 'Seagulls' in the stadium doesn't half make a racket.

funny you should say that, a friend of mine who ate there, who is a chef, said that the beef was 1 of the best beef he has ever eaten, but the carrots, beans, spuds and yorkshire's were below par, and from frozen....pretty poor that spuds are frozen....

also, i heard they were plating food outside or near a toilet? cant be good health and safety lol

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm still waiting some kind of clue why there was a St George's Day lunch in July. A St George's commemoration lunch, fine, but a St George's DAY lunch?

The group of people organise this every year, usually in a hotel (Metropole), for a Friday close to the 23rd. There is a strong Albion (fans) contingent who attend, including some well known fans, and this year they negotiated to have the lunch at the Amex, obviously it wasn't open in April, so the committee decided to wait till it was ready. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here