Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSSSSHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm struggling to come to terms with people not seeing BHA making a $10m bid for Boca Juniors striker as ambitious. The fact that we've not landed him at the beginning of the window is down to him (his dad) trying to get the best deal possible by waiting until our offer is above to become
invalid at the end of the month.

I'd be surprised if we hadn't offered such a player a deal that eclipses all our previous salaries. However, it doesn't really matter how much we offered; his agent is always going to wait until the end of Jan to see if a premier league club from whatever country either matches or improves that offer.

Have I completely mis-judged how negotiations work, or am I the only one that can recognise this?

Not misjudged. Completely spot on. We.will have been eager to get everything done at the start of the month but its not that simple. For in demand players its very much their market. Whilst our forms poor but still believe we can turn that around with our current squad. I remain convinced the right signing will come even if its in the last weekend of the month.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We did have something in place when the window opened: an offer accepted by Boca for JC, and possibly similar for Bolanos. What we can't control is that the player has to agree to the move, and that they will often wait until the last minute to see make sure that their options/wages are maximised.

Did we? Where did you get this info? I have seen references to us being interested and making bids but only paper, football programme and NSC talk.

I have no idea why the club would want to get involved in the shenanigans of transfers direct from South American clubs, and for such a professional set up to get involved in transfers where the player has multiple Latin owners seems very bizarre to me :shrug:

I take the whole thing with a pinch of salt and await the old striker loan and talk of how difficult everything has been, once the window closes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not misjudged. Completely spot on. We.will have been eager to get everything done at the start of the month but its not that simple. For in demand players its very much their market. .

If we didn't know that, then the club have learned nothing in the last five years. Other clubs manage to pull it off though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here