Squillaci - plan B if Van Dijk a no go?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I would be happy to have him... provided we are not paying his wages.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Also from Wiki:

"He is a member of Champions for Peace, which is a group of 54 athletes that are committed to serving peace in the world through sport"

That's nice isn't it.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
It does make you think about how stupid some NSCers have got recently when someone with 20 caps for France, a Champions League runners-up medal, who's played 39 games in the last two years for Arsenal isn't good enough for us

do you want us to sign Andre Santos?

Dec 29, 2011
Anyone who doubts he has the ability to play at this level is deluded. Also his Wikipedia says:

"He is due to sign for Brighton after gus has failed yet again to get his targets, one user on NSC has said he is useless and even used abusive language to express his concerns".

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He made the premiership 11 of the worst ever french players in a paper recently.

He is awful. Really bad. Rather have Calderon who is decent at CB.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The new Colin Hawkins ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Practically a laughing stock at Arsenal, I'm sure he would do a decent job in the Championship however.

The only problem is we need to be looking for players who can hold their own in the Premier League.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Christ, just because he hasn't done well at all at Arsenal, I'm sure he'd be good enough for us.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I imagine it would be a loan rather than a permanent signing. Even so, us paying 10% of his wages and him playing football is better for Arsenal than them paying the lot and having him moping around the place all day

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming that the VVD transfer falls through why cant we use Vincelot against Sheff Wed must be a better prospect than playing Calderon there or bringing in a short loan man, unless of course Dunk is available.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
On what do you base that as Calderon has only played there in an emergency but Vinceot has played there a number of times and is better in the air than Calderon.

I'm basing it on the fact I've seen Calderon play CB 3 or 4 times and he looks good there, he has a good range of passing and understands how we play. Vincelot has never played CB for us very good in the air yes but as a CB I don't think he is good enough. Calderon looked fine on Saturday and if he can play there against Giroud and Podolski I think he will be ok against Lita and Madine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports