Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad Profile going forward

DJB

Jul 31, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
JFC is obviously missing from the list below but come next season this will be the ages of the current squad. Should we make it to the PL next season the squad will surely need a massive overhaul/investment as many of the players who have been key will need to be replaced as they get on in years. Another concern is that many of the younger players such as JFC/TA have not been blooded and are unlikely to see first team action as a result. Also I think it is unlikely that any DS players would break into the team if we were to make it to the PL. If you take a look at SFC squad they are an average age of 25 currently versus our potential average age of 27.5 next season.

Whilst promotion will require investment I just wonder if the additional overhaul could just be a bridge too far and may end up stretching the club. For what was meant to be a long term project it just feels like we are trying to rush it without the right foundations in place.

Peter Brezovan 33
Daniel East 20
Casper Ankergren 33
Tomasz Kuszczak 31

Gordon Greer 32
Lewis Dunk 21
Marcos Painter 27
Wayne Bridge 33
Bruno 32
Adam El-Abd 28
Iñigo Calderón 31

Liam Bridcutt 24
Dean Hammond 30
Andrew Crofts 29
Gary Dicker 27
Romain Vincelot 27
David López 30
Andrea Orlandi 29
Matt Sparrow 29
Ryan Harley 28
Charlie Oatway 22
Vicente 32
Kazenga LuaLua 22
William Buckley 25
Stephen Dobbie 30

Will Hoskins 27
Ashley Barnes 23
CMS 29
Torbjörn Agdestein 21
Brennan Dickenson 19

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It is only actually the defence that is looking old overall. The rest is a pretty healthy mix of ages. Better than I thought actually.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It is only actually the defence that is looking old overall. The rest is a pretty healthy mix of ages. Better than I thought actually.

I agree with that and also there will be a few who will drop of in 12 months time at the end of their contracts and will be replaced.

This close season, the club has been hog tied. ( think that is the expression )

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
A lot of the players that got us out of league one will be released. Additionally no guarantees on Bridge Vicente or Lopez.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I was worried by the average age but after seeing the whole picture less so. Do think we are still short at centreback though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here